Ok gas prices are getting ridiculous....Regular in this car?

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Agree with better off driving like a grandma than putting in regular. You can theoretically get 30mpg if you can control yourself. (I can't break 20 so I have big control issues lol0

Not worth running 87 octane then you HAVE to punch it to get out of a bad situation and all of a sudden you hear a bunch of pinging and detonation under load.

No thanks.

Not my baby.

Not ever.
Sponsored

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You may as well just park the car if you're thinking about pumping anything less then 91.

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
The Type R forgets knock retardation every time you let off the accelerator pedal. If you put 87 it will knock likely every time you press pedal, pull back timing, and repeat every time you press pedal again.
Knock = ignition at wrong time. It’s also important to note you can’t feel all knock either.

Acey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Coupe Si HFP
Country flag
Amazing that a lot of you think it's only gas prices. SMH. Y'all must be living in a different America than me. Just proves how ignorance is increasing in the human race.
Nobody thinks that, but this is a Honda Civic forum... we're not here to tell you how to budget your life, and frankly this forum should not devolve into all the other bullshit that consumes the rest of the internet. This one place I can come to read about cars and not politics.

OP
OP
Byron Sexton

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
LOL

prices are not going to go down in a couple of months, they could be like this for a couple of YEARS!

if you can't afford gas, how are you affording maintanence?

If you can't afford gas and maintanence, then you can't afford the car....sell it
you wanna buy it?

monstarind

Monstar Industries
First Name
Monstar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.monstarind.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R FK8R
Country flag
If you have an R gotta prepare for the R gas needs. Using regular is death for these cars long term. Wouldn't recommend it at all.

Random... I am not sure why we continue to see gas prices rise. We legit buy a FRACTION of gas from Russia. It is all blamed on the war but we legit don't use them for barely anything. Companies as usual getting over on us and taking advantage of the situation.

Sorry for rant.. Don't do it! Use 93, drive less.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you have an R gotta prepare for the R gas needs. Using regular is death for these cars long term. Wouldn't recommend it at all.

Random... I am not sure why we continue to see gas prices rise. We legit buy a FRACTION of gas from Russia. It is all blamed on the war but we legit don't use them for barely anything. Companies as usual getting over on us and taking advantage of the situation.

Sorry for rant.. Don't do it! Use 93, drive less.
I try to find balances sources for such questions, and this seems relatively unbiased. TL;DR: it’s not so much the S/D curve in the US that’s linked to higher prices here, but rather high uncertainty around the world that’s shifting the price point closer to the D side, raising prices globally, of which the US is no exception.

CtrlAltElite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Civic Type R
Country flag
I try to find balances sources for such questions, and this seems relatively unbiased. TL;DR: it’s not so much the S/D curve in the US that’s linked to higher prices here, but rather high uncertainty around the world that’s shifting the price point closer to the D side, raising prices globally, of which the US is no exception.
People don't understand the price of oil is global. Did we all forget that the price of oil went negative in 2020 during the height of the virus? No, I don't care about what your political opinions are on lockdowns, the fact of the matter is that companies overproduced and demand dropped like a rock. If it costs more out there, it's gonna cost more in here.

We can also do the math on the domestic side of things. According to the feds in 2021, the US produced 20% more oil and consumed 6% less than what we did in 2017. We averaged about $3 per gallon in 2021. In 2017, the average was about $2.50. Supply and demand would say that gas is supposed to be cheaper now, right? Only that didn't happen. If you compare the profits of oil companies such as Exxon between 2017 and 2021, you'll see that they're making a lot more in 2021.

So no, it's not the president. Yes, he has an effect but it is nowhere near what you think. Blame the greedy oil and gas companies instead.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
People don't understand the price of oil is global. Did we all forget that the price of oil went negative in 2020 during the height of the virus? No, I don't care about what your political opinions are on lockdowns, the fact of the matter is that companies overproduced and demand dropped like a rock. If it costs more out there, it's gonna cost more in here.

We can also do the math on the domestic side of things. According to the feds in 2021, the US produced 20% more oil and consumed 6% less than what we did in 2017. We averaged about $3 per gallon in 2021. In 2017, the average was about $2.50. Supply and demand would say that gas is supposed to be cheaper now, right? Only that didn't happen. If you compare the profits of oil companies such as Exxon between 2017 and 2021, you'll see that they're making a lot more in 2021.

So no, it's not the president. Yes, he has an effect but it is nowhere near what you think. Blame the greedy oil and gas companies instead.
Spot on.

FK8_Rojas

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(BBP 21' CTR) (95' Eagle Talon) (91' Eclipse GSX)
Country flag
Jokes on me you guys, I am driving my 91' Eclipse GSX and getting maybe 12mpg max while my R is sitting in the garage ;(. Thinking about switching to the R next week when the weather here in IL warms up a bit. I'd much prefer the 23-26mpg I was getting in my R.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I called this back in '08 when it happened the first time and everyone was selling their monster trucks and moving right next door to work and biking to work. As a species we seem to have very short term memory and people went right back to buying gas guzzling vehicles as soon as prices dropped back down. Now we're right back where we were almost 15 years ago and going even higher but, as said earlier, domestic manufacturers went full R word and got rid of all their economical cars. Then COVID happened and supply chains for everything got royally screwed. Refineries shut down for sickness, then crazy weather, then fires and explosions. Hopefully it starts getting under control during the summer but I doubt it.

CTRDre

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R #38346
Country flag
Stop eating out/going to starbucks/freeze a couple of streaming subscriptions/take public transit/carpool..

Not worth potentially damaging your transportation to work..

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Which is why I find it a bit ironic... The individuals that tend to drive lifted oversized trucks are so angry at being so dependent on the price of gas and "MaH FrEedum"... The same people rolling coal and block ev chargers.

But then Solar and EVs are a sign of weakness? Tell me how Energy independence/freedom is a bad thing? How great would it be if they generated their own power? It's just incredibly short sighted.

Gerry

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-L
Country flag
Give me a break...

Even at $1 more a gallon it's $12 more a full tank. If you are strapped that much for cash then you shouldn't be driving a type R or any car period.
You give me a break, its literally $2.22 per litre of 93 octane gas here on Canada, 87 octane is, $1.86, and even with our small ass gas tank capacity you're paying over a $100 buck to full up an almost empty tank, just a year ago my tank will filled around $70 bucks, now its a $98 thats almost$30 more...and it's going up even more now...so chill out rich boy
Sponsored