Montana Miner

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
My previous 2007 Civic ran an oiled K&N, never an issue but more work to clean/reoil. Current car has an Injen with a dry filter (washable). From a scientific perspective, oiled are somewhat higher flow. Dry are better engine protection. Over oil the oiled filters and you’ll foul the MAF sensor.

Bottom line: pure performance, oiled, maximum engine/oil life dry. Ease of maintenance dry. That’s my two cents. On my dirt bikes always had oiled foam filters, much better filtration but more restrictive. But they ran in very high dust environments, unless I was in the lead😝 my choice having run both is dry is the way to go. unless you're off-road in high dust, then it’s oiled foam.
Sponsored

FC1Dawn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
My previous 2007 Civic ran an oiled K&N, never an issue but more work to clean/reoil. Current car has an Injen with a dry filter (washable). From a scientific perspective, oiled are somewhat higher flow. Dry are better engine protection. Over oil the oiled filters and you’ll foul the MAF sensor.

Bottom line: pure performance, oiled, maximum engine/oil life dry. Ease of maintenance dry. That’s my two cents. On my dirt bikes always had oiled foam filters, much better filtration but more restrictive. But they ran in very high dust environments, unless I was in the lead😝 my choice having run both is dry is the way to go. unless you're off-road in high dust, then it’s oiled foam.

You have an Injen intake? Highly suggest you watch those fuel trims.

Montana Miner

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
You have an Injen intake? Highly suggest you watch those fuel trims.
Custom tuning by Dan at E-Tunez. He’s on revision 5 and fuel trims not an issue. He pretty much has it dialed in. I datalogged yesterday including WOT runs from 2k rpm to redline in 3rd, will send to him and likely revision #6 will be the final tweaks. They do unlimited revisions until everything is perfect.

The wonders of custom tuning!

Last edited:

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Custom tuning by Dan at E-Tunez. He’s on revision 5 and fuel trims not an issue. He pretty much has it dialed in. I datalogged yesterday including WOT runs from 2k rpm to redline in 3rd, will send to him and likely revision #6 will be the final tweaks. They do unlimited revisions until everything is perfect.

The wonders of custom tuning!
That’s the way to do it.
Sponsored