vissor

First Name
Jemmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic type R
Country flag
Hello guys, I want to install a gauge and a sensor to measure oil temperature in my fk8 type r, need suggestions on the hardware and the installation.
Thanx.
Sponsored

James3spearchucker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hello guys, I want to install a gauge and a sensor to measure oil temperature in my fk8 type r, need suggestions on the hardware and the installation.
Thanx.
I would say that the easiest way would be to measure the threads on the oil drain bolt and then buy a sensor washer from VDO for that dimension and a small VDO gauge. The oil pan will be at same temperature as the oil because it is holding the majority of it. You could also just place a sensor on the bottom of the pan and then seal it with high temp silicon so that air does not cool it.

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
I would say that the easiest way would be to measure the threads on the oil drain bolt and then buy a sensor washer from VDO for that dimension and a small VDO gauge. The oil pan will be at same temperature as the oil because it is holding the majority of it. You could also just place a sensor on the bottom of the pan and then seal it with high temp silicon so that air does not cool it.
I like the idea of putting a sensor directly on outside of pan, do you know any parts or the name of this type of setup?

James3spearchucker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I do not but the heat radiation on outside will be a little bit cooler than actual interior temp. Don't you change your oil? Put a Fumoto drain valve and a sensor underneath is my suggestion.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If oil temperature is a concern, imagine you are planning to track the car or drive it hard. If so an oil cooler like HKS or anything that comes with an oil sandwich plate should should have a spot for a temperature sensor to thread in.... then can run it to something like a Defi oil temp gauge and mount somewhere in the cabin.

I am looking at doing something like that in the near future.
Sponsored