First Name
sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I went to Oreily to get my oil recycled but was denied because oil smells of fuel (oil dilution). on their part I understand but on my part, how am I suppose to safely dispose of my oil?
Sponsored

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Just find a store that lets you walk back on your own to dump it. My local AutoZone just says yeah go ahead back there.

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
I have never had a single place check in well over 5 years. There is either a place toward the back of store where you drop off on the floor. Or you leave it outside the garage area if they have it. Honestly, plenty of stores take old oil. Even Walmarts if they have tire places.

Ducota

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si 2021 Accord Sport 2.0 2015 FiT Sport
Country flag
Local Government hazards waste.

Methane Herder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I went to Oreily to get my oil recycled but was denied because oil smells of fuel (oil dilution). on their part I understand but on my part, how am I suppose to safely dispose of my oil?
Pour it in the their trash can in front of the store......Oh did I type that out loud?

MH

FK7 Civic Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
If you live in Riverside, they have free curbside pick up for up to 5 gallons of oil along with old filters and oily rags. Don't remember the number to call, but you can probably find in on-line City Services. If you live outside the city, Pick-a-Part had a big dump tank you could use, they weren't to particular about what was being poured in.
As others have mentioned, just about every auto part store or Jiffy Lube will take recycled oil, I've never have any of them inspect the oil before I dumped it.

ShaneAnigans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type-R
Country flag
O'Reilly go out of their way to make recycling as difficult as they can. Twice they told me their tanks were full, so the 2nd time I went across the street to Jiffy Lube, where they were more than happy to take the stuff, so long as there wasn't any coolant mixed in. When I asked the guy there about the collection, he said their truck came on a weekly basis, was there the day before, and also serviced the O'Reilly across the street.

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
Drop it off at your local honda or any dealership? Doubt they would say no

OP
OP
jscm

jscm

First Name
sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Drop it off at your local honda or any dealership? Doubt they would say no
Its the dealership. there is a high chance that they will say no like they always do. anyways, I dropped off my used oil at a local autozone where they let me go inside the back to pour it down their tank. all is good except I guess I wont go to oreilly anymore to get my oil recycled.

VTecYoSelfB4UWreckYoSelf

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Country flag
The transfer stations with recycling bins usually have an oil collect or that is not supervised. That's where I dump mine.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nearly all waste management places will take oil for free, Just google what is in your area.
Sponsored