SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Good Lawd. How much money have you put into this economy car?

Have you considered a car with a V8?
Sponsored

OP
OP
David16touring

David16touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic touring, 2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring FWD.
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Everybody is always a student driver, even the people who think they’re the best driver in the world.

What did Honda say about your 100k mile powertrain warranty?

Many people are going to want to dive deeper into this and start asking you about your maintenance habits. This is the first time we’ve seen a thread about an oil pump taking a crap.

How often do you change your oil? Do you change your filter every oil change or every other? What filter brand do you use? Are you using full synthetic 0W20? Who changes your oil? Is there a chance something may have contaminated your oil? Are you tuned? Any power modifications?
I didn’t take it to Honda I took it to the Acura dealer I work at. My warranty is long gone as I’ve replaced the Trans as well in the past lol

I change my oil when the vehicle either reached 20% on MM or 5k miles, I change out the filter with an OEM filter every time I got the oil changed. Before my head gasket replacement I used FS 0W-20 that we have in the barrels at work.Only the people who I trust change my oil, the head lube tech and the master tech at my job.
I’m sure my there was still sludge somewhere in the oil system after the gasket replacement.

I am tuned, I’ve been mostly running the Ktuner base map tune with flex fuel enabled

I recently got the TSP stage 1 tune but it made my car lurch awkwardly at stop lights so I didn’t run that for too long. And yes I ran full 93 with the TSP tune.

Power mods are on my showcase, I’m pretty much FBO

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
I’m sure my there was still sludge somewhere in the oil system after the gasket replacement.
It was already a sign when a sludge builds up that there is a worse situation to come which is in your case by an oil pump failure.

OP
OP
David16touring

David16touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good Lawd. How much money have you put into this economy car?

Have you considered a car with a V8?
Way too fucking much. This is my first car I’ve modified to this extent and I just kept on throwing mods at it so I’m not surprised at this end result.

Actually YES, this whole situation has had me thinking whether I fix it and just calm the fuck down with my driving so stuff like this doesn’t happen.

Or just get a car that has more power and a higher HP ceiling.

Only things that’s stopped me is I don’t want to finance a car again soon so I’m most likely going to get my civic fixed and just chill with the spirited driving for now.

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Alright, I definitely learned that the hard way I guess, did not know that.
Same is true for the Temperature warning light and Brake warning light. If you keep driving while your car is overheating you will damage the engine. And if you keep driving with potentially bad brakes, well... :)

OP
OP
David16touring

David16touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
David16touring

David16touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It was already a sign when a sludge builds up that there is a worse situation to come which is in your case by an oil pump failure.
Yeah tried cleaning up as much sludge as possible but obviously did not lol

OP
OP
David16touring

David16touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Same is true for the Temperature warning light and Brake warning light. If you keep driving while your car is overheating you will damage the engine. And if you keep driving with potentially bad brakes, well... :)
Yeh but didn’t know check oil level warning also meant low oil pressure. Car threw no codes or any warnings indicating low oil pressure, just said check oil level in the middle portion of the dash.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would go the custom tune route so I can avoid having to buy an ECU as well and do you know if I can just buy the Si maf and it’ll plug right into my existing connector? Or would there need to be wire splicing involved? Thanks for your help
If you keep your existing ECU you can also keep your existing MAF sensor.

OP
OP
David16touring

David16touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you keep your existing ECU you can also keep your existing MAF sensor.
Oh okay perfect, I’ll most likely go this route, through my job I already sourced an SI engine with 13k miles for $900 so I think I’ll go with that.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Oh okay perfect, I’ll most likely go this route, through my job I already sourced an SI engine with 13k miles for $900 so I think I’ll go with that.
You're swapping in an Si engine into your CVT Touring sedan?

Last edited:
OP
OP
David16touring

David16touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You're swapping in an Si engine into your CVT Touring sedan?
Yeah a non si motor is not that much cheaper so why not, the ones I got quoted through my local supplier are not a bad price at all.

Is there a reason I should not?

Civii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Yeah a non si motor is not that much cheaper so why not, the ones I got quoted through my local supplier are not a bad price at all.

If it’s the same price I’d do the same. A new motor is a new motor. @360glitch explained what you’ll need to do and it should be good to go. I don’t know how the TCU from the CVT communicates with the ECU from the si, but if you’re gonna keep the same ECU from the non-si engine then it should communicate the same. Maybe? It would be interesting to know if the TCU from the CVT can communicate with the ECU from the si. Do they even communicate? I would assume so, right? Lol

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

I was just looking at it from a CVT longevity point of view since that engine is capable of handling/producing noticeably more torque. I'm sure with a properly designed tune that protects the CVT it should be OK.

z062fit

First Name
dart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Fit 1.5L NA
Country flag
Anybody know if the L15B7 oil pump will work on a L15B1 as an upgrade?
Sponsored