OIL PAN BAFFLE

17RGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R
Country flag
9ft lbs is the torque spec for the oil pan bolts and refer to picture for order to torque bolts
SmartSelect_20210424-231924_Chrome.jpg
Perfect, thank you! I’m showing no physical rubber/neoprene gasket on any parts diagram. Looks like some gasket maker and a torque wrench is all that is needed.

OP
OP
FK8 4 Di

FK8 4 Di

First Name
Diane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Mitch said it shouldn’t be more than a couple weeks. He had 6 orders ahead of mine, with 3 of those ready to ship this week.
It comes in on Thursday!:nixon:

17RGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R
Country flag
Soooo, @fatherpain and @FK8 4 Di , did either of you have problems communicating with Mitch at Unit2fabrication? I ordered 3 months ago, and he has gone radio silent for the last 3 weeks after telling me via email my pan was ready to ship. Most of the delay was out of his control, but he will not return emails or answer his phone at all.

Might be filing a claim with PayPal/CC company if he doesn’t respond this week. Really pissed as I was needing this pan before a track day I’ve been prepping for. ??‍♂

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I received my pan about (6) weeks after ordering. Shouldn’t have to come to this, but have you tried reaching out to Mitch and Unit2Fabrication via FB Messenger or on his Instagram page?

I communicated with him via FB messenger. There were some delays in communication but he eventually would get back with updates.

I believe he will come through eventually.. but that doesn’t help your situation if up against a deadline.

Someone else reached out to me regarding delays with Unit2Fab so it doesn’t sound like yours is an isolated occurrence.

Soooo, @fatherpain and @FK8 4 Di , did either of you have problems communicating with Mitch at Unit2fabrication? I ordered 3 months ago, and he has gone radio silent for the last 3 weeks after telling me via email my pan was ready to ship. Most of the delay was out of his control, but he will not return emails or answer his phone at all.

Might be filing a claim with PayPal/CC company if he doesn’t respond this week. Really pissed as I was needing this pan before a track day I’ve been prepping for. ??‍♂

OP
OP
FK8 4 Di

FK8 4 Di

First Name
Diane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hi 17RGuy!

I had about a2 week wait for the OEM pan to come in and they shipped it rather quickly. I reached out to him last week about the maximum oil capacity and he responded. ??
I hope he responds back to you soon!

17RGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R
Country flag
Still nothing… man, running a business with zero communication is a great business model ??‍♂?. I’ve officially bugged Mitch via FB, email, and phone number and nothing.

Anyone interested in this oil pan baffle from Unit 2, run, run away fast!

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen OIL PAN BAFFLE 72F73A78-DA7D-459A-9C76-18ABBD202558
Maybe a glimmer of hope. A buddy send this to me today.

Still nothing… man, running a business with zero communication is a great business model ??‍♂?. I’ve officially bugged Mitch via FB, email, and phone number and nothing.

Anyone interested in this oil pan baffle from Unit 2, run, run away fast!

17RGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R
Country flag
Quick update... got a hold of Mitch via FB messenger (thank you @fatherpain). We had some back and forth and some pretty lengthy discussions on why I was so unhappy waiting over 3 months. He admitted fault and was apologetic aftet I heard every excuse in the book. Turned out to be a great conversation and I hope he understands this cannot keep happening. He immediately shipped my pan after we cleared the air ??.

On a side note, anyone that is interested in NOT waiting for one to be made, I have mine (BNIB) for sale in my partout thread. ???

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Doesn’t seem needed on this car. I get it’s a safety measure but seems like brining an umbrella to the beach on a sunny day : P

got 20 or so track days without issue even using 295 a052s. Doesn’t get much stickier than that

17RGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R
Country flag
Doesn’t seem needed on this car. I get it’s a safety measure but seems like brining an umbrella to the beach on a sunny day : P

got 20 or so track days without issue even using 295 a052s. Doesn’t get much stickier than that
A baffle was actually my first concern for this car. For heavy g turns, unless you are a dry sump, a baffle is always needed.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not really. Between me and some fellow Nor Cal CTR track buddies we probably have 300-400 track days between us and zero oil starvation issues. Sticky AF tires, fast lap times and no issues.

I don't think one is needed and lots of proof to back it up

17RGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R
Country flag
Not really. Between me and some fellow Nor Cal CTR track buddies we probably have 300-400 track days between us and zero oil starvation issues. Sticky AF tires, fast lap times and no issues.

I don't think one is needed and lots of proof to back it up
It's added security. For a couple hundred bucks it's worth it IMO. In my GTO track car, only a few wet sumped ls2's had starvation issues in different Holden platforms. Not worth finding out the hard way in my GTO.

I know of 2 suspected oil starvation issues on the fk8 platform. Even without those, enough for me to justify a baffle. Slight hiccups in oil supply on high g turns usually doesn't lead to immediate catastrophic failure. Ask any engine builder about wear characteristics of engines used in tracking applications and you can see oil starvation on a small-scale leads to potential issues down the road.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yea I had a c5 corvette before and the ls1 was known for oil starvation issues.

hard to compare apples vs oranges like that but if you feel safer with it can’t hurt.

just didn’t want people thinking this car has any sort of oil starvation issues

17RGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R
Country flag
Yea I had a c5 corvette before and the ls1 was known for oil starvation issues.

hard to compare apples vs oranges like that but if you feel safer with it can’t hurt.

just didn’t want people thinking this car has any sort of oil starvation issues
100% correct. I don't believe this car has starvation issues 98% of the time, but it is iust like track insurance IMO. Worth the couple hundred bucks should you need it.
Sponsored