FK8 4 Di

First Name
Diane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Has anyone installed a baffle in the oil pan? If so, what did you buy, what was the cost, and how was the install?
Sponsored

Nickthewaffler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic FK7, 2016 Panamera, 2000 AP1 S2000
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has anyone installed a baffle in the oil pan? If so, what did you buy, what was the cost, and how was the install?

Doing baffle and accusump next month. Ill be welding(Ill have someone weld because I suck) my own baffle plates, but there are many performance shops that would do it for you. Find some online or make your own. Its not the most complex thing. I heard of companies that would do it for you if you send them a new pan or clean your old one.

OP
OP
FK8 4 Di

FK8 4 Di

First Name
Diane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Doing baffle and accusump next month. Ill be welding(Ill have someone weld because I suck) my own baffle plates, but there are many performance shops that would do it for you. Find some online or make your own. Its not the most complex thing. I heard of companies that would do it for you if you send them a new pan or clean your old one.

I heard back from Unit to Fabrication. They have 3 options for the FK8:

1. Baffle by itself. It does come with pressure fitting tabs so it can be
securely pushed into your pan with any welding. $199
https://unit2fabrication.com/produc...tomers-please-contact-us-for-shipping-details

2.OEM honda pan with the baffle system already installed. This Does not include Porting or Polishing of the oem oil filter housing ports. $269
https://unit2fabrication.com/products/fk8-oem-pan-upgad

3. The 3rd option is the pan complete with oil filter housing porting as
well. When Honda manufactures the original fk8 pan they leave some quite
portly machined ports that move the oil in and out of your filter. They go
in and clean all that up, smooth it out and leave you with a nice
polished finish. $549
https://unit2fabrication.com/products/fk8-pan-complete

I am still trying to decide which route to take. :nixon:

17RGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R
Country flag
@FK8 4 Di thank you for the info! I’ve been wanting to add this for months to my fk8. I’ll be ordering the 3rd option you listed. I was not able to find anyone who had a baffle kit available for our engines.

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
Is oil starvation a problem on this car? Can’t say I’ve read about it on this forum before.

Nickthewaffler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic FK7, 2016 Panamera, 2000 AP1 S2000
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is oil starvation a problem on this car? Can’t say I’ve read about it on this forum before.
Circuit heart had issues in the 1.5.
And its a reliability thing for any serious track car. Why risk your time and money.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This. Also went option 3. Abit on the pricey side.. but good insurance as I’ve experienced track starvation on fuel, so imagine it could happen on the oil side as well.

Checking the photos they have posted on IG, looks to be a quality mod with good craftsmanship.

@FK8 4 Di thank you for the info! I’ve been wanting to add this for months to my fk8. I’ll be ordering the 3rd option you listed. I was not able to find anyone who had a baffle kit available for our engines.

FK8_Track_Pig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Prelude, 2019 Honda Civic Type R, 1995 Nissan Micra
Country flag
Just to clear up some confusion, the first option is just the baffle itself, second option is just the OEM pan itself, and the third one is the pan, baffle, and filter housing porting. Correct? The way you worded it makes it sound like the second option is the baffle and pan for $269 but the site says you have to add option 1 and 2 to get a pan that already has the baffle installed.

17RGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R
Country flag
Does anyone have the torque specs or an install guide for the oil pan? I’m having a hell of a time finding that information. Removal seems straight forward enough, would just like to know torque setting and sequence if there is one.

OP
OP
FK8 4 Di

FK8 4 Di

First Name
Diane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
UPDATE: New honda OEM pans came in and it's on its way. I went with option 3 and I'll install as soon as I receive it. Will let y'all know how it goes! ??

OP
OP
FK8 4 Di

FK8 4 Di

First Name
Diane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
How long did shipping take? Mines on its way and I also chose option 3!

17RGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R
Country flag
How long did shipping take? Mines on its way and I also chose option 3!
I actually JUST ordered mine today. Spoke with Mitch and he is a great guy. Having a new baby in my house made me forget to order it hahaha.

OP
OP
FK8 4 Di

FK8 4 Di

First Name
Diane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
How long did shipping take? Mines on its way and I also choose option 3!
I actually JUST ordered mine today. Spoke with Mitch and he is a great guy. Having a new baby in my house made me forget to order it hahaha.
Awesome! I'll let YOU know how long it takes!!! ?