Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Keep in mind the oil life "monitor" doesn't know whether you're running full synthetic, synthetic blend, or Astroglide in the crankcase. It calculates remaining oil life mathematically assuming you are using the type of oil recommended in the owner's manual. :)
I've always been a big fan of keeping it simple. I use what Honda recommends. If you use something better, that is supposed to last longer than the oil that the manufacturer recommends, then yes, the MM is useless for oil life.
Sponsored

Doc_C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Careful w/ HondaLink. The app sends vehicle usage data and location back to Honda.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Keep in mind the oil life "monitor" doesn't know whether you're running full synthetic, synthetic blend, or Astroglide in the crankcase. It calculates remaining oil life mathematically assuming you are using the type of oil recommended in the owner's manual. :)
Although I have never heard of using Astroglide in the crankcase. Does the engine get better gas mileage? Or just run frictionless? :-D

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It shows your viscosity went down because of fuel contamination?
Yes, fuel dilutions is a very common thing in TCDI engines. (Turbo Charged Direct Injection). To my knowledge there isn't a analysis lab that can/will identify exact levels of fuel dilution. There is several very heated threads about this subject you can search about.

I didn't notice any rising oil levels. Some people claim their oil levels rise well above full on the dip-stick, but I personally have not seen this.

Careful w/ HondaLink. The app sends vehicle usage data and location back to Honda.
THAT'S what you decided to post with your first post.....
:google::google::google::google::google::google::google:

PBM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Just hit 15% and the "get maintenance soon" indicator came on for me. I'm right at 10,000 miles.

PolishedLX

Banned
Where were fighter jets to stop vegas shooting?
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
"50/50 kid" but on the "right side" of coin flip!
Vehicle(s)
The car that made all others obsolete, "doh, self-explanatory"
Country flag
I only ignore MM for FF or first oil change cause the MMS dings your for short trips, excessive idling and engine temps (its been "feels like" 100 and over since purchase which is 4 months now). Did the FF change at 5801 miles when the MMS was telling me at 3500 or around there. Changed with HGMO 0w20 and continued the break-in. Trust me when I say I am quite the read on oil and would love to use some of the QSUD 0w-20 on clearance at AAP but I am sticking to Honda oil during the break-in and oh what a long break-in it was (5800). I wouldn't second guess Honda's MMS but I guess I did for the FF, all in the name of no engine hot spots!

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I only ignore MM for FF or first oil change cause the MMS dings your for short trips, excessive idling and engine temps (its been "feels like" 100 and over since purchase which is 4 months now). Did the FF change at 5801 miles when the MMS was telling me at 3500 or around there. Changed with HGMO 0w20 and continued the break-in. Trust me when I say I am quite the read on oil and would love to use some of the QSUD 0w-20 on clearance at AAP but I am sticking to Honda oil during the break-in and oh what a long break-in it was (5800). I wouldn't second guess Honda's MMS but I guess I did for the FF, all in the name of no engine hot spots!
Wow, I’m impressed. A lot of the people here are totally the opposite. They ignore the MM, but they go before the MM says service is due, and not after. I’m surprised nobody has jumped down your throat yet. More power to you!
Sponsored