vitooooo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 VIC
Country flag
According to the manual: "Based on engine operating conditions and oil age, the remaining engine oil life is calculated and displayed as a percentage."

everything i listed above is related to "engine operating conditions"

you can learn something by watching this video and reading.......

https://www.wildehonda.com/honda-maintenance-minder-system/

pay close attention to the first 35 seconds of the video

Q: How many Miles can I expect to go between oil changes when using the Maintenance Minder System?

A: The maintenance minder varies by driver because each drivers driving habit are unique. The Honda Maintenance Minder adjusts the maintenance intervals based on engine operating habits, driving habits and the climate where the vehicle is operated in. For most people who combine city and highway driving will need maintenance at approximately 6,000 miles. If you maintain constant driving habits you can expect your mileage between services will stay consistent.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

MUSTslient

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Are you guys recommend me to change the oil even though it’s been 50days and 3.000 miles just because it’s at %20? Idk never had such a short time period of oil change before in any car. I usually change it every 5.000miles.

tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Are you guys recommend me to change the oil even though it’s been 50days and 3.000 miles just because it’s at %20? Idk never had such a short time period of oil change before in any car. I usually change it every 5.000miles.
You've done some driving in a short amount of time in the hottest time of the year. So according to your car, you've done "severe" driving which is why it's going to prompt you to do an oil change sooner. You're still at 20% which means you'll probably make it to almost 5000 by 0%.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's up to you if you want to follow it or not. I always changed mine around 3500 due to where I live and how I drove. Never followed the minder except for the first oil change. To each their own.

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Change it when you get to 5-10% is what most people here would suggest probably. That would probably land you at about 4k miles before change.

ShaneAnigans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type-R
Country flag
everything i listed above is related to "engine operating conditions"

you can learn something by watching this video and reading.......

https://www.wildehonda.com/honda-maintenance-minder-system/

pay close attention to the first 35 seconds of the video

Q: How many Miles can I expect to go between oil changes when using the Maintenance Minder System?

A: The maintenance minder varies by driver because each drivers driving habit are unique. The Honda Maintenance Minder adjusts the maintenance intervals based on engine operating habits, driving habits and the climate where the vehicle is operated in. For most people who combine city and highway driving will need maintenance at approximately 6,000 miles. If you maintain constant driving habits you can expect your mileage between services will stay consistent.
And yet, for all the sensors and measurements and readings and calculations etc, everyone's service reminder seems to appear at roughly the same time or mileage intervals. Funny how that works.

vitooooo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 VIC
Country flag
And yet, for all the sensors and measurements and readings and calculations etc, everyone's service reminder seems to appear at roughly the same time or mileage intervals. Funny how that works.
BS

There are millions of Honda owners all over the entire world,

you have no clue when their service reminders appear

and "roughly" is not exactly

does your MM go down at the same rate as the OP of this thread?

Last edited:

ShaneAnigans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type-R
Country flag
roughly is not exactly

does your MM go down at the same rate as the OP of this thread?
I always reset mine after I change the oil, whereas the OP's wasn't. The simplest explanation is usually the correct one.

vitooooo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 VIC
Country flag
I always reset mine after I change the oil, whereas the OP's wasn't.

more BS

he already stated it was reset,

if it wasn't reset, that would mean he had his oil changed at 40 or 50%......nonsense

post #8

I wish they did but I’m %100 sure it was at %100 when I got the car.

engineering

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
more BS

if it wasn't reset, that would mean he had his oil changed at 40 or 50%......nonsense

post #8

Does the MM also use the same algorithm for calculating when the CVT fluid should be changed? Or is the code for the CVT fluid triggered based off a mileage counter?

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
My MM hit either 5% or 10% after 3500 miles in about 10.6 months.
The previous 5% or 10% was after only 726 miles and about 10.4 months.

One of those times it was 5% and the time was 10% but I don't recall which was which.

I check the oil life after an oil change to make sure it's reset to 100%.

ShaneAnigans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type-R
Country flag
more BS

post #8

Indeed, because no one's ever been mistaken about that sort of thing before. Quite impossible that such a scenario could occur.

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
The "oil life" isn't much more than a mileage counter, which makes it unlikely that it would go from 100% to 20% in only 3000 miles, when the 20% warning usually comes on at 7,000 miles or thereabouts.
Hondas engine life meter is very accruate. (unlike my new car where it actually just a mileage counter) it takes into consideration such as driving habits. engine rpm, throttle applied. Back when i was doing daily 30 miles of stop and go commute and i was going fast between stop lights. It had me change oil every 4000 miles. Once i slowed down and takes it easy, it lets me change around 7000 miles.

ShaneAnigans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type-R
Country flag
Hondas engine life meter is very accruate. (unlike my new car where it actually just a mileage counter) it takes into consideration such as driving habits. engine rpm, throttle applied. Back when i was doing daily 30 miles of stop and go commute and i was going fast between stop lights. It had me change oil every 4000 miles. Once i slowed down and takes it easy, it lets me change around 7000 miles.
Meanwhile I drive mine hard, mostly short trips, and after a year/8000 miles, I finally got a service reminder. If we're basing our opinions on everyone's anecdotes, the whole thing just seems random.

tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Funny you are wrong. I look over hundreds of Honda and Acura care RO's for oil changes and they are all over the board. From 4,500 miles to nearly 12,000. Not sure where you get your info from but it's most definitely not the same for everyone.
Sponsored