First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #330, '17 Jeep GC Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have an 18 SI and it's had the same oil leaking issue. I've also seen it on CRV forums as well. I'm 8 weeks into having this resolved, I just got mine back after the 2nd attempt to fix. First they resealed the oil pan, then the 2nd time another dealership resealed the timing chain cover. I've checked it myself weekly and had to prove to them over and over that it is leaking. I have a case with American Honda which they are supposed to respond to within 24 hrs, it's been 2 weeks and I haven't heard anything. Only response I have had from Honda is when I blasted them on the Facebook sponsored post about the Civic summer sales event. They gave the impression they cared without actually giving a crap. I still have a lot of complaints and requests from American Honda, if they ever reach me. My recommendation to everyone is remove the bottom cover and check it yourself. Take photos of what u see if there is any fluid of any kind.
Thanks for the response. That's ridiculous. My CTR is still at the dealership and should get it back today. They replaced the gasket but didn't tell me if there was any issue with it or the cover. Our CTR group here in Houston took a poll to see if anyone else had this issue and sure enough we found one guy with the leak in the front, at the gasket. I plan on taking photos once a week to see if it starts coming back and at what rate.
Sponsored

nickjohn35

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2017 PMM Typer R. Former: 2004 350Z
Country flag
My local Honda called me yesterday informing me that my wire harness needs to be "updated". Anyone know as to why there is a recall for the wire harness? Knock on wood I haven't experienced any issues. I have a 2017 #993.

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #330, '17 Jeep GC Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My local Honda called me yesterday informing me that my wire harness needs to be "updated". Anyone know as to why there is a recall for the wire harness? Knock on wood I haven't experienced any issues. I have a 2017 #993.
Many owners are experiencing the "Christmas tree" of errors which is caused by an issue with the current wire harness. My car had this occur months ago and when I took it in the dealership cleared the codes and it hasn't happened since. When I heard about the wire harness replacement I took the car back in and they refused to replace it unless the errors were being shown even though I had already brought it in... Pretty stupid. If your dealership is letting you know, then take it in. Note that the job is ~4.5 hours.

nickjohn35

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2017 PMM Typer R. Former: 2004 350Z
Country flag
Many owners are experiencing the "Christmas tree" of errors which is caused by an issue with the current wire harness. My car had this occur months ago and when I took it in the dealership cleared the codes and it hasn't happened since. When I heard about the wire harness replacement I took the car back in and they refused to replace it unless the errors were being shown even though I had already brought it in... Pretty stupid. If your dealership is letting you know, then take it in. Note that the job is ~4.5 hours.
Based on what I've been reading it looks like Honda is not exactly easy to deal with when it comes to replacing something...... Luckily with my case he said he had the part ordered and it should be in next week to install.
Sponsored