Oil leaking 18 Civic SI

The commuter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
2 dealerships, 3500 miles since originally found, over 2 months, 7 trips to dealerships, phone call and case number filed with Honda of America. Oil still leaking. Re-sealed oil pan 1 time at 1 dealership. Looks like these 1.5 engines have a common oil leak with oil pans and valve covers. So far I'm very disappointed with this car and how Honda has handled this.
Sponsored

NinjamanCTR

Space Force Special Forces
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2018 Ford Expedition Limited, 1998 Ford Contour aka the beater.
You're in the Type R forum but it seems like you may want to begin considering the Lemon Law.

OP
OP

The commuter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
My bad on the wrong forum, I searched oil leak and it popped up. I went in at 7200 for first oil change and they found it leaking. You can see it on the bottom of the oil pan and up the side towards the belt on the passenger side. I've checked it myself each week since they "fixed" it.

NinjamanCTR

Space Force Special Forces
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2018 Ford Expedition Limited, 1998 Ford Contour aka the beater.
My bad on the wrong forum, I searched oil leak and it popped up. I went in at 7200 for first oil change and they found it leaking. You can see it on the bottom of the oil pan and up the side towards the belt on the passenger side. I've checked it myself each week since they "fixed" it.
Ugh, that sucks. Considering the number of visits you've had, all for the same issue, definitely look up Texas' lemon law.

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #330, '17 Jeep GC Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I also wanted to add that another owner in my area with under 2000 miles on his car made me aware of an oil leak from his valve cover gasket. The dealership warrantied the issue, replaced and sealed the gasket. I decided to check mine and sure enough found the same thing he did. Pop the hood and look behind the engine for oil pooling in the little recesses shown in the photos.

Link to photos: https://imgur.com/a/AE7FLsV

fc3_black

First Name
Jordi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I got the same thing going on now, and I'm just wondering if they're not going to make a big deal seeing I have an intake?

OP
OP

The commuter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
Ok sorry for so long but been very busy. I finally somewhat resolved my issue in mid October. After several attempts at oil pan and timing chain covers, they told me it was leaking from the CV boot at the axl. Since my engine oil was also around a qt low I asked them (sarcastically) how much oil does the CV boot take? They assured me they were the technicians and will take care of it. Well they did replace the boot but also did some work again on the timing chain cover and oil pan. It was not documented but I checked and saw they resealed and sprayed some white flex seal looking stuff on it. So far it's held up. But since replacing the boot now my alignment is off.

MDTNGENX

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I'm currently dealing with a similar experience. I really don't know what to do. It wasn't Honda certified pre-owned, but still purchased at the Honda dealership with super low miles. I'm going to make a trip back tomorrow to address the still leaking something.
Sponsored