Oil leaked from oil pressure switch

Wpgtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda civic ex
Country flag
Hey guys, recently got home from work and noticed some oil in my driveway and all over my front right wheel area. Checked my dipstick, was pretty much nothin there, had it towed to the dealer and turns out it was my oil pressure switch leaking. Warranty work so no biggie, but now im stressin about the fact there was no oil on my stick when i got home and there may be hidden damage! I didnt get any sort of low oil light or check engine light so im holding onto that fact meaning there was enough circulating. How should i go about figuring out if any damage occured?
Edit: 2018 civic ex 43000 km
Sponsored

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I don't think there is a way without tearing apart the engine.

But I would have the dealer check the oil pressure switch and oil light. If it is working, then you didn''t run completely out of oil and you should be fine.

OP
OP

Wpgtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda civic ex
Country flag
I don't think there is a way without tearing apart the engine.

But I would have the dealer check the oil pressure switch and oil light. If it is working, then you didn''t run completely out of oil and you should be fine.
Yea they replaced the oil pressure switch under warranty but doubt they checked the oil light. So glad i caught it im gonna hold onto the thinking that whats the chances both the switch and oil light r faulty and there was enough circulating 🤦‍♂️

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
If you press the Start button twice without your foot on the brake pedal, all the lights on the dash will light up so you can see if the oil light is on.
Honda Civic 10th gen Oil leaked from oil pressure switch 20220802_161127

OP
OP

Wpgtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda civic ex
Country flag
If you press the Start button twice without your foot on the brake pedal, all the lights on the dash will light up so you can see if the oil light is on.
20220802_161127.jpg
All above lights come on so im gonna breathe freely now i guess 😂 you are a rockstar !