CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo Sport Plus
Country flag
So the ow30 completely stop your oil dilution? I went with amsoil oil 0w-20 for my last oil change definitely runs better but the fuel smell is back for sure.
I had the first oil change at my dealer yesterday (1 year at 9600 km: mine was a demo car earlier and I put 8000 kms in it in 4 months). I was thinking about to asking them to put 0/5w30 oil in my car but I forgot to mention, plus I don’t really think it would have matter. I was surprised when I saw on the invoice that they put 5w30 in the car instead of the recommended 0w20. Even my wife can tell that the sound of the engine changed (for the better. And yesI was surprised that she noticed it but she did). i hear less rattle and metallic noises. I dont know if it has something to do with the viscosity grade or the simply becase the oil is new. I also noticed that the oil smelled strong like gasoline Before the chande, but I checked the oil of my friend’s Focus 1.5 EcoBoost and I tell you it smelled exactly the same. I still dint know what kind of oil they used exactly. I hope they used the right one because my car has a Gasoline exhaust gas particulate filter (EU models from MY 18) filter and it needs at leasts C2 oil!
Btw I think they forgot to check my car when the received it a year ago from swindon. There are multiple signs that support this theory:
- my car had too low coolant level when I checked it (below minimum)
- now they made a quick testdrive after oil change ( I think they usually don’t to that)
- the oil change and tire change took a lot more thime than expected
- my car lost all of its settings
- the service reminder looks different and based on days now not km, this might change later i dont know yet
- an other Honda dealer refilled the coolant earlier and they checked The online database and there were no entries for my car. They told me that there should be at least one clalled “delivery inspection” in the list
- now I got a Service History summary and it has both this oil change AND the delivery inspection in it: Done in Oct. 2018!
Sponsored