Oil Dilution Update. Did The Exact Opposite Result...

R3D5IVE

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Hatchback MT6, 2002 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road MT5
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've seen some posts here and there, but no actual thread regarding this issue.

I didn't notice any problem regarding the oil dilution issue. My car would be warm by the time I got two blocks from my house and I never drive it and shut it off before the car has fully warmed up. So, I get the recall notice and bring the car in for the oil dilution recall (I was due for my first oil change anyway). I get home, hadn't driven the car in 2-3 weeks (parked in heated garage). The first time I bring it out I noticed it WILL NOT come up to operating temp. I can drive the car 5kms before the temp gauge even begins to register, no hot air from the heater vents, and it takes another 5kms of driving before it gets near temp. Even when driving for a good while it still sits about 2 bars colder than before the update.

I called my local dealer 125kms away to discuss this issue. They said they have heard this a couple times, but have no fix as of now. Basically the car acts as though the thermostat is stuck open. The service manager said they have a Honda engineer coming out to look at a CRV with a similar issue and will try to get back to me in a few days.

Anyone else with this issue AFTER the update?
Sponsored

Last edited:

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
I think you should just sell it or trade it in. Its a small problem and yet you make it like end of the world. Trade it now before you over stress yourself.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
If EVERYONE with a Honda was having the same issue after the Update, I would agree-- Honda screwed up with the update, and it is a major step backwards.

However, these issue of the car cabin temperature (Coolant) staying low in temperature after an update, seem to only occur with some owners (ie Some Dealers), so I maintain that Honda is ok, it's some Dealers that are basically "Shit" useless, and do not do what Honda intends them to do, or get it wrong if they try.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
People can't even ask simple questions on here about stuff that they are concerned about without someone being rude and ignorant.
Sponsored