Oil Dilution TSB

FK7Build

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Well, that is an altogether disconcerting sound.

We have a 2020 CRV and I will definitely be checking the volume of liquid that comes out on the first change. I have checked the levels over the 6 months of owning it and so far, no extreme over-full issue. (I know that it was supposedly fully fixed on the CRVs from 2019 on but I have trust issues)

Looking in the manual for the 2020 CRV, it states to fill the oil only to between the two marks on the dipstick so I will very likely be doing that when I do the first change this spring/summer. When you did your last change, did you fill it to only between the two marks? The manual for the 2017 Civics, like the manual for the 2020 CRVs also says to fill to between and not to the top. I don't worry in my Civic as I have a 2.0NA. I will be a lot more careful with the CRV though.

As for your noise, the only guess I would have is oil pump? No idea.
I filled 3.4quarts and the level was right at the middle I then filled 0.3 more quarts and it topped off.
I have just been told to “software updates is all we can do for right now” and “we will have to monitor it” but that’s a no go for me. After another hour of working on it - it seems the crankshaft pulley (harmonic balancer) is causing the noise. So it’s unrelated will find out for sure in the next couple of days.
Sponsored