bwsteg

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I have a 18 si and got the recall letter yesterday. Is it necessary to get this done if I’m using the tsp stage 1 map?
Sponsored

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I have a 18 si and got the recall letter yesterday. Is it necessary to get this done if I’m using the tsp stage 1 map?
If you have an Si you are clear to continue tuning.

newskate9

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type-R, 16 Honda Pilot Elite
Country flag
If you have an Si you are clear to continue tuning.
Sorry all, I've read this thread end to end at least 4 times and parts of it more. I may be thick and I'll accept that feedback. I have an SI. I got a letter days ago talking about MIL coming on and the changes proposed to vehicle's software and the A/C control. I do not believe this is the oil dilution fix, as I live in "warmer" area. But that fix may be included in this update just for grins.

If I have an SI which I do, I am clear to continue tuning per above:
- Does this mean I am clear to return to stock, get the recall, then retune?
- Does this mean I am clear to use KTuner tunes ONLY, or am I able to use TSP tunes as well?
- Does the latest update for KTuner include the latest MIL fixes items as long as I update that FIRST?

Tanuktun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Ex Hatchback
Country flag
I know the recall is for 16 to 18, do I have to worry about flashing my 19 with the basemaps??

I have my software updated so I doubt it but want to be certain before I potentially nuke my new hatchback.

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KW SC 2007 CSX Type S, 2023 PWP Si
Country flag
I had recall done and forgot about contacting KTuner before reflashing a tune. Did I screw up?
Can the oil dilution reflash be recovered now?
May be just in my head but I'm pretty sure the tune feels different.
I have an LX Hatch.
What should I do now?

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you were able to flash a tune we had the software already.
Sounds good, thanks for the reply. If I were to return to stock now, It'll go to the latest flash from the dealer(the one done at the recall) or to the one before?
This is important in case it'll need to go to them again.

n0chance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hi, I received a letter from Honda extending warranty for my 2018 hatchback sport cvt for this issue. What I understand is they are rolling out software updates in certain US states. I live in NJ and haven’t gotten any notice for bringing the car in for service updates.

On my next oil change should I flash to stock AND unlock tuner just to be safe in case they update my software on the same service call?

Thanks!

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hi, I received a letter from Honda extending warranty for my 2018 hatchback sport cvt for this issue. What I understand is they are rolling out software updates in certain US states. I live in NJ and haven’t gotten any notice for bringing the car in for service updates.

On my next oil change should I flash to stock AND unlock tuner just to be safe in case they update my software on the same service call?

Thanks!
If not mentioned in the letter they probably won't do the reflash but is a good idea to return it to stock.
I did returned mine to stock when the recall was performed but didn't unlock it.

bobloblaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback LX manual
Country flag
There will be a choice built into the software shortly.
Anyone know how to return to recall update software rather than original factory? When I return to factory, I see software version 37805-5AN-C030 but my update software was 37805-5AN-C050. I see they added support for the dilution update in version 1.0.8.6. I thought there would be a choice when choosing to return to factory. Not seeing any. Any help would be greatly appreciated as my warranty is almost up and I've got a couple issues to get covered by it.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone know how to return to recall update software rather than original factory? When I return to factory, I see software version 37805-5AN-C030 but my update software was 37805-5AN-C050. I see they added support for the dilution update in version 1.0.8.6. I thought there would be a choice when choosing to return to factory. Not seeing any. Any help would be greatly appreciated as my warranty is almost up and I've got a couple issues to get covered by it.
Oil dilution isn’t an issue with these cars lol. Numerous people have tested their oil and saw normal

bobloblaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback LX manual
Country flag
Oil dilution isn’t an issue with these cars lol. Numerous people have tested their oil and saw normal
I already had the update installed. The update was only given in cold climates. I'm just trying to go to the dealer with the same software they last installed so they don't get any ideas about voiding my warranty
Sponsored