Oil Dilution problem Difinitive Yes or NO

jeeva86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Acura TL-S 6MT
Country flag
hey all, so i'm considering the 1.5T, well aware of this wonderful oil dilution problem. Does it matter if I pick up a 2017 vs a 2019 which is "fixed" from the factory. The VIN for the 2017 shows the recall is still open, which is strange. I would've thought the previous owner would have that fixed via a service check-up. I diy my oil changes so can do them more frequently and avoid short-drives as much as possible. If a drive is short enough, I usually bike it anyways, except for the winter :). I'm just curious to know if there is damage beyond repair on a 2017 that had a lot of short-trips etc.
Sponsored

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
hey all, so i'm considering the 1.5T, well aware of this wonderful oil dilution problem. Does it matter if I pick up a 2017 vs a 2019 which is "fixed" from the factory. The VIN for the 2017 shows the recall is still open, which is strange. I would've thought the previous owner would have that fixed via a service check-up. I diy my oil changes so can do them more frequently and avoid short-drives as much as possible. If a drive is short enough, I usually bike it anyways, except for the winter :). I'm just curious to know if there is damage beyond repair on a 2017 that had a lot of short-trips etc.
It should be ok either way. It really depends how many miles are on the car and if the car is well maintained. Honda has issued our an unlimited mile warranty for 10 years if the oil dilution blows the engine. Winters are the biggest killer to the engine.if you that concerned, get the si. It has the strongest engine out of all 1.5L.