Oil Dilution in the Civic Type R

Slap KFD

Slapboogz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 1998 Honda Accord
Country flag
I smell it on mine too. Second owner, around 18k miles now, but smelled when I got it around 11k miles. Also concerned about mine and had the dealer log it when I went for service.
Im original owner 2019 model. 11,700k on mine and im smelling it. I'll post results. Probably gonna take a month
Sponsored

Draxaan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Thanks. I'm interested to see the analysis for sure. Once my included maintenance from the purchase is up, I'll be maintaining the oil myself & plan to be more proactive.

Regardless of the synthetic ratings, I still change every 3000-5000 miles. Hopefully that keeps the Type R happy and healthy for another decade or so.

Slap KFD

Slapboogz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 1998 Honda Accord
Country flag
If you do a lot of city driving the oil will need to be changed at around 4000 miles. I had to change my oil in a month for driving 200+miles a day.
Thanks. I'm interested to see the analysis for sure. Once my included maintenance from the purchase is up, I'll be maintaining the oil myself & plan to be more proactive.

Regardless of the synthetic ratings, I still change every 3000-5000 miles. Hopefully that keeps the Type R happy and healthy for another decade or so.
I got 1 year left on the Warranty then I'm doing the oil changes myself

Yeah I've changing the oil out religiously at 5k
Sponsored