ikbenben

Belgium spec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic 1.5T Sport Plus HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Same here ,when i said the oil level was above max. and i went by to get them to check the oil level it was fine.
I checked it myself 3-4 times and was above the max.
Anyway i got a response from the dealer and they were going to contact Honda Belgium and ask if there is a solution.
My dealer said they would contact Honda Belgium but today they didn't mention anything from it.
They do said that they have another customer with the same complaints. I don't think they will come up with any solution. If I have any problem in the future as a result from this, at least it's registered.
Sponsored

Andre80

First Name
white civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 sport +
Country flag
do you control it hot or cold?

OP
OP
Hondanickx

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The service bulletin in the usa was first released for vehicle's in colder climates only ,but they later on changed to all the vehicles.
So i don't think it has to do much with the climate.The fix was a software update which changes the direct injection or air/fuel or something.
My guess is the Air/fuel on the stock honda map is too rich when cold start or colder weather,which also explains why others who run ktuner / hondata didn't have this problem.
I think David is running Ktuner for a long time now right?I'm still full stock and i think Ben is also?

ikbenben

Belgium spec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic 1.5T Sport Plus HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The service bulletin in the usa was first released for vehicle's in colder climates only ,but they later on changed to all the vehicles.
So i don't think it has to do much with the climate.The fix was a software update which changes the direct injection or air/fuel or something.
My guess is the Air/fuel on the stock honda map is too rich when cold start or colder weather,which also explains why others who run ktuner / hondata didn't have this problem.
I think David is running Ktuner for a long time now right?I'm still full stock and i think Ben is also?
Mine is stock indeed. Still considering a K-Tuner but with all the short trips I do I don't floor it very often and I'm questioning if it's worth it.

Valkyria90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 Sedan 1.5L Turbo
Country flag
Does anyone in europe have had a oil dilution fix done?
According to my Honda dealer they never heard of it over here.
This morning my oil light Came on,checked the oil and it was above max level.Had it checked several months ago but they said the oil level was normal.
In Norway my dealer had also never heard of this issue, and claimed it wasn't a problem since they hadn't gotten any information from Honda about it. My car clearly has strong gasoline smell from the oil, and the oil is slightly above the max level, but changing the oil is the only "fix" available here.

Andre80

First Name
white civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 sport +
Country flag
in the mornings with 0 ° I saw stft at 0, then with a warm engine it returned to the usual -6

so it's definitely much richer

Zodd

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic sport 1.5t 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
it is second winter with this car, and i dont get any oil levels rising and my routine looks like that:
-i start the car and i turn all heating off (switch on the dashboard below radio on/off) and i turn it on when engine reaches operating temperature it takes around 3-7min or 5km
-when i start car i always wait for rpm to drop to 1k usualy it is 1.5k rpm when cold, it takes from 30sec to 1min,
-i never ever push the cold engine beyond 2.5k rpm, and only slight throttle so turbo does not engage...
-i never use any heaters until engine is warmed up (i might use front window defogger function) ofc safety first
-my work is 17km away

on the weekends or longer drives i tend to drive it WOT at least for some time so engine gets some exercise :p ofc when properly warmed up
remember when engine coolant is at half, engine oil and transmission oil is still not warm enough, so if u drive crazy wait at least 10km of normal driving or more...

last winter car had oil shell 0w-20 and there was strong gasoline smell but oil levels stayed dead on whole winter
this year i use Castrol titanium 0w-30 and it smells less, ofc i canot prove that without lab test...

just turn all ventilation off until engine is warm, otherwise it takes forever to warm up... i know it suck driving 5+km being cold but looks like that is the way with 1.5t engine :p

OP
OP
Hondanickx

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My oil light came on again today .I stopted and took a picture of it .Immediately called the dealer and said the problem occured again.Shut the engine down and started it back up and the oil light went away...
I asked the dealer if they allready heared something about the oil dilution fix ,they said a lead mecanic was working on it and will call me tomorrow to explain.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
The extended warranty was given to all owners, but the the fix was only done in the colder climates. I didn't have the fix done.

My oil light came on again today .I stopted and took a picture of it .Immediately called the dealer and said the problem occured again.Shut the engine down and started it back up and the oil light went away...
I asked the dealer if they allready heared something about the oil dilution fix ,they said a lead mecanic was working on it and will call me tomorrow to explain.
You really need to look at the dipstick and estimate the amount of overfill in mm. It would need to be quite significant to light up the engine oil light.

OP
OP
Hondanickx

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My oil light Came on again this morning....I just received a phone call from the dealer and they said my car need to come in and Will receive a update that Will fix the problem.I asked the mechanic about what the problem was and he said that Honda Belgium didn't knew anything about any oil problems in this engine.They did released a new update since last week but the mechanic didn't knew what it would change or fix.
So is Honda Belgium covering up the oil problem??
This all seems weird...

Last edited:

OP
OP
Hondanickx

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Will do , my car goes to the dealer next week .Will try to see what will change after the update.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
My oil light Came on again this morning....I just received a phone call from the dealer and they said my car need to come in and Will receive a update that Will fix the problem.I asked the mechanic about what the problem was and he said that Honda Belgium didn't knew anything about any oil problems in this engine.They did released a new update since last week but the mechanic didn't knew what it would change or fix.
So is Honda Belgium covering up the oil problem??
This all seems weird...
Maybe no one told Honda Belgium about it.... I wonder how many employees there are currently working for Honda Belgium. Three years ago they were reduced to 8 according to this:

https://www.fleeteurope.com/en/connected//article/honda-belgium-absorbed-honda-france?a=DQU04&t[0]=Honda&t[1]=Belgium&t[2]=France&t[3]=Renault&curl=1

OP
OP
Hondanickx

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe no one told Honda Belgium about it.... I wonder how many employees there are currently working for Honda Belgium. Three years ago they were reduced to 8 according to this:

https://www.fleeteurope.com/en/connected//article/honda-belgium-absorbed-honda-france?a=DQU04&t[0]=Honda&t[1]=Belgium&t[2]=France&t[3]=Renault&curl=1
That's only from Honda Brussels .The large plant in Gent has 460 employees.And there is also Honda Acces europe in Belgium which has several 100 employees.

They know about the oil problems .,why would they release a update that also would fix the oil lights coming on?
They know but they don't want to make it big news ....
Btw this morning the oil light Came on again!

Lifesabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Hatchback 1.5 T
Country flag
Honda UK also deny any knowledge, the woman I spoke merely said you have a warranty claim on it if anything goes wrong!!!!!! With an atitude like that I will think again when new car time comes again in a couple of years, my hard earned cash will more than likely go elsewhere. Sorry Honda but you really do need to look after your customers better than you do in the UK
Sponsored