Oil dillution recall done but now I have a problem.

velredrx8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic touring, 2004 rx8, 2012 honda civic, 2005 toyota tacoma
Country flag
My 2016 civic went in safe mode because of oil dillution, got the car towed (230 km), got it back, drove home and everything was fine. The second time I drove it after getting it back the car started shaking and lack of power. Drove home and parked it, the next day I tried using it and the engine is shaking quite a bit, the check engine light went on and off and I couldn't back it out of the driveway because there is not enough power.
I hate having to get it towed again since I usually can't go pick it up for 2-3 weeks. It's my wife's car and because of this she doesn't want it anymore she doesn't trust it.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
When you say safe mode, I'm going to assume you're saying limp mode. You're saying all this is occurring due to an issue with the dealer oil dilution reflash? Simple solution. Get the car back to the dealer so they can fix it.

Also why would it take 2-3 weeks to pick up?

OP
OP

velredrx8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes it was limp mode, I know I have to take it back to the dealer, I was just wondering if anyone had the same problem after getting the recall done. It takes me 2 to 3 weeks or more to go get the car because the dealer is a 2.5 hour drive from here and my work schedule does not permit me to go as I please.

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
I remember seeing soemthing like this. It was a loose wire somewhere around in the engine bay. Check all your wires, make sure they’re fully plugged in and make sure battery terminal isn’t loose

OP
OP

velredrx8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Got the car towed, supposedly it threw so many codes, they had to figure out what was going on, they had to scan it a second time, now I know the injectors have to be changed, spark plugs and other stuff I can't remember because I was not very pleased with them about something else. Needless to say, I will never buy a honda again, not because of my car but because of the dealer.
Sponsored