First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have to vent a minute... For those that don't know the Mobil1 deal going on lately you can buy Mobil1s top oil the extended performance in 5w30 for $24-$15 rebate so $9 per 5qt. You can do this for 2 jugs per rebate so I've bought 5 pairs or 50qt for under $100. Anyway Walmart delivers the 2 jugs, I put them in my trunk and drive across town. I go to get them out and there's black dirty oil all over my trunk mat. :mad: Fkn lowlife didn't even screw the cap tight on the used dirty oil he returned. It's getting bad out there. Society in the gutter, but hey that's the plan. Rant over.

https://slickdeals.net/f/14932889-5...ea-ar-walmart-com-max-2?src=SiteSearchV2Algo1
Sponsored

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, someone returned their used oil and got a full refund? That's despicable af! Sorry man!

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Yeah, the guy who returned used oil is a scumbag. But the cashier is a moron who accepted it. And you should have checked that it wasn’t open. It’s not ideal. But that’s the type of shitty world that we live in.

Some guy had his car broken into. And it has been blasted by local town police for months on end, probably a full year, that people should lock their cars. Warnings that People are coming from out of town to our town and hitting up unlocked cars. Yet this person had their car broken into because it was unlocked. It was all caught on ring. Yeah, honestly, the bum breaking into the car is a scumbag. But if you leave your car unlocked, you sort of deserve it considering the local police has been advertising to no end to simply lock your car.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Damn that sucks. There was a guy in my hometown I heard did too. He even rinsed off his old oil filter and put it back in the box to return that too. Mind boggling.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Damn dude that’s low… FCP Euro actually offers free oil changes. My BMW friends use this. You buy oil, fill container and send back your used oil and you either get a full refund or they send you new oil. Either way, they’re the only company out there that does this and they stand behind it. I have no idea how they make money on this because shipping is also free from what I understand.

I personally do the same method you do for Mobil 1, however I usually go to Walmart locally and grab it. Always afraid of that container opening up in shipping lol.

TriangleHeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe (FC4, K20C2)
Country flag
Yeah I've heard about used oil returns for a while, everything from used oil to even water, you have to be the cheapest jerk off to do something like that over what, a less than 30 dollar jug of oil you need maybe once a year?

I've always been paranoid over it, I always inspect the jug carefully for signs of tampering and before buying, use my phone's flashlight to shine through the bottom of the bottle so I can see a little through the clear level indicating window they have on the sides of the jug, for correct color and consistency. Once I get home I'll check it again with an even stronger flashlight lmao, I ain't taking chances. Next thing you know you could be pouring water into your engine at full speed...

Thankfully you caught it BEFORE pouring it into the engine, that would have been far worse. Whenever I'm transporting fluids in the car, I put them in a container of some kind and usually in a position where they won't move around within the container. For example one of those cheap plastic tupperware looking rectangle boxes you can get anywhere like Home Depot. I have one in my trunk, any fluids go in there along with some bunched up plastic shopping bags I might have to prevent the containers from tipping over inside the plastic box, stays upright the whole journey. Even if they do leak, the leak is confined to that container. Only dry things can be outside of it.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This world is filling up with more and more Aholes by the minute. Respect is a thing of the past.

Sil98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Type R, '08 Kia Sorento, '03 WRX, '97 Del Sol Si, '90 Supercharged TA
Country flag
Thanks OP! Bump for a sweet deal on Mobile 1 Extended Performance Synthetic Oil. Net price $11 each for two 5 qt. jugs. Wal Mart delivered it free. Got my Visa rebate card this week:

https://acbincentives.com/mobil1/
Sponsored