First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When my minder gets to around 30%, there is a change that occurs and I get a noticeable amount of more engine sound. Rev match downshifts are much louder and raspier. It also sounds like it’s running worse on cold morning cold starts.

When I get fresh oil in it, it’s night and day how much smoother and quieter it is. Call me crazy, but something changes chemically around that time. I check the oil regularly. It doesn’t consume a drop.

Maybe it’s fine. The oil that is 5000-7000 miles deep since the last oil change could still be lubricating just as well. But I want that bitch running as smooth as it is now at 200k miles.
For me I feel like my engine is louder after an oil change…. I do have a 27won race rmm but with the two oil changes I’ve done, it seems to be louder and have more vibrations afterwards. I’ve used mobil1 and currently use everest. No matter the oil brand it is the same outcome, noise and vibrations increase after an oil change (in my experience).
Sponsored

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
Been using amsoil 5W-30 since the first oil change and changing the oil every 7500-8k miles, doing mainly highway and that's 50% on the minder. The oil has always been dark and smelled like gas so I def wouldn't go down to 30% or below. I do notice the engine has been quieter with the heavier weight oil as well as after an oil change it sounds smoother too.

Btw, euro cars run on 5W-30 from factory so there should be no issues running this in our engines. 0W-20 is ONLY used to reduce the fuel consumption for the fleet overall, no other reason. I'm still able to average 42mpg doing 80% highway at 75mph and 20% somewhat heavy city traffic so not sure how much more you'd get from 0W-20 but it can't be much.
Sponsored