oil change

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
today I changed the oil myself on my 2016 civic NA 2.0. I marked, on the 5qt. container of M1, exactly how much oil I put in last time. Then after changing it, I poured the black drain oil back into the empty container. And the amount of drain oil was EXACTLY the same as I put in 5000 miles ago!! No fuel dilution. No oil consumption. It was so great. Maybe not an important thing to most. But it made my day.
Sponsored

excavi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
today I changed the oil myself on my 2016 civic NA 2.0. I marked, on the 5qt. container of M1, exactly how much oil I put in last time. Then after changing it, I poured the black drain oil back into the empty container. And the amount of drain oil was EXACTLY the same as I put in 5000 miles ago!! No fuel dilution. No oil consumption. It was so great. Maybe not an important thing to most. But it made my day.
I have the same 2016 ex 2.0 I can quote your exact words. Great little engine !

mahyk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX and 2016 Honda HR-V EX
Vehicle Showcase
Oil dilution was only subject to 1.5 Turbo engines. Specifically for CR-V and Civic. Forgot which years, but you will see all sorts of oil dilution topics in here. But haven't seen anyone have any serious issues from what I've seen.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag

Same for our 2 Civic LX

civicdabest-foo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x 1.5L turbo CVT
Country flag
The oil dilution thing will be put to rest once and for all once Honda completes the recall campaign. I'm going to bet the 1.5L and its turbo will last at least 250k kms before signs of impending doom show.

pjw7454

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic couple ex-L
The oil dilution thing will be put to rest once and for all once Honda completes the recall campaign. I'm going to bet the 1.5L and its turbo will last at least 250k kms before signs of impending doom show.
when does the recall happen in the united states?