Oil change question...

myke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatchback LX 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How many miles is the oil change interval for the hatchback lx? Does it require synthetic?
Sponsored

OP
OP

myke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatchback LX 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
5k and it doesn't require it but it defiantly will not hurt it.
Thank you. It's weird, I searched through the manual and found all the info on the oil change, but couldn't find the interval info.

How about the first oil change? 5k, or maybe less?

_dc_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There is no recommended interval from Honda (other than at least every 12 months). Your car has a maintenance minder that calculates when to change your oil based on driving conditions. When it's time to change your oil (and/or perform other maintenance), your Civic will tell you. It's best just to follow the maintenance minder for oil changes and other required maintenance, including the first oil change.

un hombre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic 1.5 Sport+GT White
Country flag
There is no recommended interval from Honda (other than at least every 12 months). Your car has a maintenance minder that calculates when to change your oil based on driving conditions. When it's time to change your oil (and/or perform other maintenance), your Civic will tell you. It's best just to follow the maintenance minder for oil changes and other required maintenance, including the first oil change.
How/where do you check the current oil health? I don't see it in infotainment system or the dashboard...

_dc_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How/where do you check the current oil health? I don't see it in infotainment system or the dashboard...
Press the "i" button on the left side of the steering wheel to bring up the dash menu. Scroll left/right until you see the wrench icon. Hit "Enter".

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How many miles is the oil change interval for the hatchback lx? Does it require synthetic?
I did not see another oil than synthetic for 0-20 oil. I do oil change myself, cheap.

un hombre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic 1.5 Sport+GT White
Country flag
Press the "i" button on the left side of the steering wheel to bring up the dash menu. Scroll left/right until you see the wrench icon. Hit "Enter".
Thanks but I had figured it out earlier. The problem is that I only see 360 days until next service message when I go to the wrench. No info on the oil health.

Edgeplay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ex-T
Country flag
Thank you. It's weird, I searched through the manual and found all the info on the oil change, but couldn't find the interval info.

How about the first oil change? 5k, or maybe less?
That's just a general rule to follow. I agree with others, when the car tells you I would. I am going to do my first oil change at 5k regardless what the thing says, unless it tells me sooner.

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
First oil change with Maintenance Minder icon; 15 % at 4,536 miles

Kasai808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
My first one was done with 5% left at 5.5k. I am now at 8.6k and 50%. Even if I my maint minder tells me I am not ready for maint, I will still do it at 6 months from previous, as I usually don't make the miles to dictate the necessity.

OP
OP

myke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatchback LX 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Great, thanks for that. I didn't find something this succinct in the manual, but I'll have to check again.

That's just a general rule to follow. I agree with others, when the car tells you I would. I am going to do my first oil change at 5k regardless what the thing says, unless it tells me sooner.
Cool, so it's basically around every 5k.

Do most of you have it done at the dealer? If so, I'm guessing they do not use synthetic by default. I would probably just use what the recommend. Any have it done at the dealer, and what did they use?

Sman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 EX Hatch w/ Sensing
My mileage is at 8k and at 40% on MM. I should get over 12k miles before it gets to 0%, but will change at 10K miles. My commute is almost all highway. I only have 3 stop signs on my route to get out of town and by then my oil is at operating temp.
Sponsored