Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
These cars are very easy to set up on that type of lift. Wtf. Either lift was junk or somebody serious lot does t know how to lift a car. I think what happened is possibly the person operating the lift went to lower it and didn’t realized one side of the lock release didn’t unlock lowering one side too far causing this.

Jt_theory

CTR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ABM Civic Type R
Country flag
Well I hope the owner will move forward with his insurance provider to battle the shop owner’s insurance. I certainly hope that since insurance would get involved everything will be on record. I would think that this would diminish the value of this particular car. Sadly it’s a Boost Blue too. I wish the owner well. I actually saw the IG of the shop owner. Kudos for taking full accountability for it. Things happen, as long as no one is hurt. If I were the owner I'd hope that thing is totaled.

Last edited:

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Left arm on the lift looks lower than the right, so I guess hydraulic failure? I thought there were mechanical locking mechanisms that engage as the lift rises too? Dunno much about lifts.

maxlt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe - Modern Steel Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dabsterspeed's CTR

Rottboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 BB CType R; ''17 Alfa Romeo 4C Coupe; 15 Honda Fit LX Manual; '14 MB G550;
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Am feeling for the owner. ? Hope he soon gets restitution to his full satisfaction.
Things happen to all of us including accidents that are faultless.
To reduce that chance that "an Act of God" would occur, I would feel 100x's better if I was the direct cause rather than some third party.
Have been doing my own maintenance on all my vehicles for the past 4 decades. Only me to blame if anything ever went wrong.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
I posted this yesterday....

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
Honestly not a fan of shops that use a 2-post lift for something like an oil change. No need to unload the suspension to swap fluids and filters, in my opinion.

horrible situation for the owner and the shop. Glad the shop is committed to make things right.

fk8dc5s

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 2003 DC5S 1994 CD5
Country flag
Am feeling for the owner. ? Hope he soon gets restitution to his full satisfaction.
Things happen to all of us including accidents that are faultless.
To reduce that chance that "an Act of God" would occur, I would feel 100x's better if I was the direct cause rather than some third party.
Have been doing my own maintenance on all my vehicles for the past 4 decades. Only me to blame if anything ever went wrong.
same here dude. all oil changes for all 3 of my cars done by me. I know everything is done 100% and if something screws up then its only me. this includes other jobs. if I have the tools/time/ability I will tack the the job. anything in depth not. unless I grow a pair. haha.

23Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 FK8, '06 AP2
Country flag
Two threads about the same pic. This is going to be legend...(wait for it)...dary :rofl:

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
That shop probably is going to lose some business as well. It doesn't look good
Sponsored