Los1391

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
I'm waiting on PRL to release their catch can.
Sponsored

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
I'm waiting on PRL to release their catch can.
We have not seen a reason to move forward thus far, the factory PCV system works rather well and we still have yet to see any blow-by issues at 600+ horsepower on a built engine. Does this mean that there isn't a way to still improve things? No, but we would rather move forward with other projects at this time.

UPDATE 01/14/2022 https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...eparator-product-development-revisited.71879/
Yep, going to be interesting to see the spin on that one.

tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
You must not know your engines because the L15B and K20C1 are both turbo direct injected engines from Honda...
Just saw K20 on my phone, I see now. Still, not sure how that has to do with a catch can?

Si_chRis

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Just saw K20 on my phone, I see now. Still, not sure how that has to do with a catch can?
Do you not see the carbon build up on the cylinder head intake ports and on the back of the intake valves in the pictures I posted previously?

If your theory of an oil catch can not being needed because the oil vapor is being combusted in very small trace amounts per mile, then why is there carbon build up clearly seen in the pictures on both engines that are direct injected?

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The topic was not whether a catch can is relevant for our vehicles but rather, whether a non name brand is adequate. Try one of the other several threads on the catch can debate and try your keyboard warrior skills there. You should also send a letter to prl telling them they are wasting their time.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Truthfully, I feel like there have been some pretty reputable brands out there that have tried to sell snake oil to consumers. At the end of the day, making money is their bottom line afterall.

I have a catch can, it catches shit. It wasnt expensive so it was worth the money. But if in the end I find out that it was all just a ruse, oh well. Ive spent my money on worse things and I cant take it with me when I die. YOLO.

Theres nothing special about most cans out there, the baseline design and function are pretty elementary. It just comes down to the aesthetics, materials, and fittings. If a company tried to sell me a shit looking can with hose clamps and a breather at a premium price I might raise an eyebrow.

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag

tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
The topic was not whether a catch can is relevant for our vehicles but rather, whether a non name brand is adequate. Try one of the other several threads on the catch can debate and try your keyboard warrior skills there. You should also send a letter to prl telling them they are wasting their time.
I'll post what I like thank you. Feel free to just not reply kid.

tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Do you not see the carbon build up on the cylinder head intake ports and on the back of the intake valves in the pictures I posted previously?

If your theory of an oil catch can not being needed because the oil vapor is being combusted in very small trace amounts per mile, then why is there carbon build up clearly seen in the pictures on both engines that are direct injected?
It's not a theory it's what the facts are. And if you need to know what happens to a fuel and air mix that is not ignited when it deposits on a hot valve with no port cooling then I suggest you google the process.

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll post what I like thank you. Feel free to just not reply kid.
It’s ignorant people like you that keep good people away from these forums. Always posting misinformation and negativity. Your right I have to learn to ignore the shit heads.

Si_chRis

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
It's not a theory it's what the facts are. And if you need to know what happens to a fuel and air mix that is not ignited when it deposits on a hot valve with no port cooling then I suggest you google the process.
You should learn the mechanics of a direct injected 4 stroke engine before posting your theories on what happens to unburnt air/fuel mixtures in the combustion process.

What position do you think the intake valves are during the combustion and exhaust strokes? They are closed. What other source will introduce carbon on the intake side on a direct injected engine if there are no fuel injectors on the intake manifold ports? You guessed it, oil vapor.

OP
OP
CMarks

CMarks

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Ok so i got the catch can installed. I had to do some modifications to the bracket for everything to fit good. Put it in turned on the car and it didnt sound good so i had to remove the breather filter.
i am do for an oil change very soon so when i get around to doing that i will take a look into the catch can so see if it caught anything and if everything is running properly.
Honda Civic 10th gen Oil change and oil catch can. D617BD23-4E4D-41DB-8236-A47747F667FC
Honda Civic 10th gen Oil change and oil catch can. C6DCB8C8-6258-475F-899F-5D4A36A4D9AE
Honda Civic 10th gen Oil change and oil catch can. 2A4340DD-1852-421F-B89F-AA336394C132
Honda Civic 10th gen Oil change and oil catch can. 870E6384-3ED3-42A2-BA9C-95893C3824FE

MarcusgibbS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 2000 EM1
Country flag
Yep, going to be interesting to see the spin on that one.
Not sure what your you don’t need a catch can link is trying to prove. Literally goes to the PRL thread showing their continued progress and close to release. 🤔

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Not sure what your you don’t need a catch can link is trying to prove. Literally goes to the PRL thread showing their continued progress and close to release. 🤔
It's referring to the original post which is still visible above their update.

Not sure how you were confused by this. 🤔

MarcusgibbS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 2000 EM1
Country flag
It's referring to the original post which is still visible above their update.

Not sure how you were confused by this. 🤔

No confusion here.
But to say you don’t need one though and have a link that shows PRL’s development on one regardless of when you pasted that link makes no sense. Especially since it never proves your point.
Sponsored