Jimmyjambo_fk8

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I’m wondering if it’s a good thing to add, but not sure. Looking for feedback. I won’t be pushing for power, nor will this be a track car.

Should it be added?

Thanks,

Jimmy
Sponsored

Connorsrandom

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I am also wondering if this is something I should do. (Commenting for notifications)

ManEatingPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I personally recommend it. I only daily drive mine with some spirited backroad driving and I'm seeing a decent amout of oil in the catch can every oil change. Its not enough to be extremely concerned but since I am planning on keeping this car long term and want to maintain it, its been worth it for me.

slowman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ABM CTR, 08 Mugen Si, 07 Fit Sport, 06 Acura TSX, 95 240 LS3, 93 Civic VX B16B
Country flag
Would recommend. Don't see the point in allowing the oil into the intake stream, hitting the valves with no petrol to wash it away. I like my Radium PCV catch can.

OP
OP
Jimmyjambo_fk8

Jimmyjambo_fk8

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I personally recommend it. I only daily drive mine with some spirited backroad driving and I'm seeing a decent amout of oil in the catch can every oil change. Its not enough to be extremely concerned but since I am planning on keeping this car long term and want to maintain it, its been worth it for me.
We’re one of the same. Ive had my ride for over a year, only have 6250 miles on it. which one did you get? Did you install it? If so, how hard was it to do?.. I plan on keeping mine for a long time myself.

ManEatingPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
We’re one of the same. Ive had my ride for over a year, only have 6250 miles on it. which one did you get? Did you install it? If so, how hard was it to do?.. I plan on keeping mine for a long time myself.
I am running the mishimoto catch can but there isn't anything special about this one over other PCV catch cans. I just went with the mishimoto because I got it on a sale.

I installed it myself and it was not hard at all. I installed it early on but a buddy waited until ~10k miles before slapping one on and mentioned that the stock tubing was a bit difficult to pull off probably due to the heat cycles its gone through so be aware of that.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
I would highly recommend running a catch can. It’s a direct injection car with turbo. It will certainly gunk up the valves.

Here’s my buddy’ valves after 60k miles

Honda Civic 10th gen Oil Catch Can:  Yes (or) No? 806EDD00-8FB0-4212-8FD8-9349E134F929

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
I would highly recommend running a catch can. It’s a direct injection car with turbo. It will certainly gunk up the valves.

806EDD00-8FB0-4212-8FD8-9349E134F929.jpeg
woah woah woah. you have any better pics of this?? you are the first to post a pic of the valves on these engines with any miles on them.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
woah woah woah. you have any better pics of this?? you are the first to post a pic of the valves on these engines with any miles on them.
This is all I have unfortunately and his engine is now back in the car.

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag

806EDD00-8FB0-4212-8FD8-9349E134F929.jpeg
Can’t clearly see the valves though. Was it all gunked up?

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Can’t clearly see the valves though. Was it all gunked up?
He said they were gunked up. He’s also running a PCV catch can. I don’t want to imagine what the engine would look like without it
Sponsored