Glassjaw121986

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si
Country flag
I had one. It collected about an inch worth of mostly condensation and a little oil mix over 10k miles. Its also a source point for potential vacuum/boost leaks. I removed it one day when the baffle started rattling. Shortly after the MAPERFORMANCE thread on the pcv and valve cover design not needing a can came out and I never reinstalled it.
Did you have the Mishimoto Can? I spent 3 months and a trip to 5 different mechanics trying to find the source of this horrific high pitched rattle inside the cabin on acceleration. Finally on my own Accord said let me take the catch can out. Low and behold the baffle separated from the bronze nut. A stupid failure but it cost me a decent amount of time and money trying to pinpoint. That was on my Si. Now I'm in an R and I'm super apprehensive to install another one. Would definitely go with Radium this time even though I'm sure the design is the same.
Sponsored

Glassjaw121986

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si
Country flag
0-20W Genuine Honda full synthetic.

I suspect the high amount of oil carryover may be related to the Eventuri intake... dunno though
That's a lot more oil than you should be seeing. Try some Amsoil Signature series or Torco SX-8 if you want something a hair less expensive. I'd be super interested to see the results after. I can almost guarantee it will be less. Also what's your change intervals? Honda says 10,000 miles which is so ridiculous. My tuner and mechanic who owns an R and owns a Honda only shop does his between 3000 and 4000 miles. People will say it's overkill but it's no question better for the engine and is only beneficial with zero negatives.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks. I’m stuck on 3k intervals… Old habits I guess… but occasional track days in between probably justifies doing so.

Don’t feel comfortable going all the way to 10k. ?

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Thanks. I’m stuck on 3k intervals… Old habits I guess… but occasional track days in between probably justifies doing so.

Don’t feel comfortable going all the way to 10k. ?
Oil is cheap engines are not. I change at around 4500
Sponsored