SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Do you have any other updates regarding this issue. I also have the mishimoto catch can and only in the last 3 months have I had issues. I have been using my A/C more and the issue is intermittent even with the A/C on. I used to be able to go up a 1,368 ft mountain pass basically in 6th gear but now I have to shift down to 4 gear with my foot down to the floor to even maintain speed with eco mode off. This happened just the other day and that same day on the way back the car had full power again and was able to maintain speed without any issues. It happens in or out of eco mode at random, I also run 92 premium.
Youve been climbing mountains in 6th gear? Have you driven a car before?
Sponsored

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo Sport Plus
Country flag
So the problem might be worse than i thought.
The weather here is finally warmer and i started driving with the windows down. Today i was at a stop, took off and accelerated into a tunnel, as i felt the engine hesitation i heard two loud CLAKs and then the engine tool off smoothly. I tried to simulate the event again and only got one CLAK this time, after that i tried again but nothing... It was a metallic like sound, the kind of sound you get when you drive over drain grilles on the pavement, i drove around and did the same road again just to make sure there weren't any (nope, there weren't).
What the heck could that be? I'm prone to think it's an engine issue, due to the hesitation before and the smooth acceleration after the sound.
If you still have warranty then visit a honda dealer. (Without the catch can installed of course) let them check it. They must do it for free.

felipe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T 1.5T 6M, 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 6M, 1997 Honda Accord LX 5M
Country flag
i decided to remove it, haven’t had any issues since. I’m disappointed especially for the money i’ve spent on it. As for your issue are you sure the AC is actually off? I’ve noticed that unless the OFF option is actually highlighted, the AC comes on any way (when neither ON or OFF are highlighted in the AC menu)
Yeah the A/C is off with no air moving through the system. To be honest this is only one of multiple problems with this car. The rubber around the windows is melting, the oil constantly has gas in it to the point that the viscosity is an issue with 5k oil changes, I has not wanted to turn on, it has almost stalled a numerous times sitting at a stop light. This car is almost at 70K and I am over it but I am just going to drive it till something major brakes on it then junk it. Also the dealer is a joke all they do is well we looked at it and it did not do anything its fine and I have gone to 3 for the same issues with this car.

Last edited:

felipe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T 1.5T 6M, 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 6M, 1997 Honda Accord LX 5M
Country flag
Youve been climbing mountains in 6th gear? Have you driven a car before?
I only down shit when I need to if the car is moving fine then there is no need down shift.

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
Yeah the A/C is off with no air moving through the system. To be honest this is only one of multiple problems with this car. The rubber around the windows is melting, the oil constantly has gas in it to the point that the viscosity is an issue with 5k oil changes, I has not wanted to turn on, it has almost stalled a numerous times sitting at a stop light. This car is almost at 70K and I am over it but I am just going to drive it till something major brakes on it then junk it. Also the dealer is a joke all they do is well we looked at it and it did not do anything its fine and I have gone to 3 for the same issues with this car.
Did you go to only one dealership? You need to go to another dealership or an independent shop/s for a second, third, or even fourth opinion.

Only a few dealerships can be trusted nowadays and if you feel that the dealership that you’ve been to is playing you around, go to another one.

Also are you still using the 0w-20 oil? If yes, I think you need to step up to at least 0w-30.

felipe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you go to only one dealership? You need to go to another dealership or an independent shop/s for a second, third, or even fourth opinion.

Only a few dealerships can be trusted nowadays and if you feel that the dealership that you’ve been to is playing you around, go to another one.

Also are you still using the 0w-20 oil? If yes, I think you need to step up to at least 0w-30.
Yes I have gone to more than one dealership for the issues and nothing. I even got into an argument with a Honda Master tech about the issue with them trying to shove a oil cap in my face. At that same dealer they also under filled my oil so that it would not appear as if it was over filled when I would get an oil change. I have taken it to my normal mechanic and he sees the issues with the 1.5T especially the oil dilution all the time on these engines. He said that it is a design flaw that is causing it. I can only imagine how much worse this would be if I lived in a colder climate and did short trips all the time.

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
Yes I have gone to more than one dealership for the issues and nothing. I even got into an argument with a Honda Master tech about the issue with them trying to shove a oil cap in my face. At that same dealer they also under filled my oil so that it would not appear as if it was over filled when I would get an oil change. I have taken it to my normal mechanic and he sees the issues with the 1.5T especially the oil dilution all the time on these engines. He said that it is a design flaw that is causing it. I can only imagine how much worse this would be if I lived in a colder climate and did short trips all the time.
Oil dilution is common in DI engines and especially if you don’t have the latest software on your ECU.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I only down shit when I need to if the car is moving fine then there is no need down shift.
no man. that’s horrible on a turbocharged DI engine. Also very bad on your clutch.

Even just downshifting to 5th on small hills will get you better fuel economy too.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
For sure he's "lugging" it.
A lot of people lug this engine and don’t know how bad it is. It needs to live around 3000 rpm, not 1800 like the CVT. The active fuel economy bar is a blessing on this car. It’ll tell you exactly where you need to be.

felipe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
no man. that’s horrible on a turbocharged DI engine. Also very bad on your clutch.

Even just downshifting to 5th on small hills will get you better fuel economy too.
I only down shift once the car is starting to not be able to maintain speed or struggle however if it is pulling up a hill without any issues and still accelerating there is no reason to down shift. The whole point to down shifting is so the car develops more power to cope with the hill so if in 6th it still has power to accelerate going up hill there is no need to down shift. I have driven over the Grapevine and Tehachapi all the time and from time to time I have to down shift but I am not in 5th the whole time it depends on the grade of the hill if it is a incline that is steep you are going to have to down shift if it is a long incline is not steep then 6th is going to be fine. As for fuel economy if I do hwy with hills I always get 40 to 48mpg going in 6th
Sponsored