Oh man and was my fault didn’t see the little Toyota next to me…

OP
OP
Fountainhead

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Ok got it back, the body work and paint are practically perfect. Looks awesome-like it never happened.
Did they hoon it? Probably, but driving it this morning I could find nothing hinky or odd or damaged engine-wise, no clutch slipping, etc.
Did remember having less gas in it when I dropped it off though......like an idiot I forgot to record the odometer. But even if I did, what good would it do me? Not like the shop can give me back anything the hooning took. Or even admit anything, it's a Civic for crying out loud, lol. The front rotors did look sort of mangled-like there were new grooves in the rotor surface and the rotors had more wear/ridge on the upper edge, but it could just be my paranoia.
I made a big deal out of not playing with my car up front with the manager....

Anyway compared to the Charger I was renting by insurance, this car is greased lightning and handles like a dream.
I can't believe some people find those boats fun to drive, I guess they need those La-Z-Boy recliner seats for their big Harley riding retired America asses.

Ooh I did get my "Black Chrome" CIVIC lettering today and hope to apply when car body is warmer..gonna look FANTASTIC!
Sponsored

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As a result of a couple near misses I had this past year thinking the adjacent freeway lane was clear after a quick glance then dive bombing in…

I’ve adjusted both side mirrors outwards aimed directly at the car’s blind spots as I’ve seen some have suggested and it’s a big improvement after getting used to it. A quick glance and can see if someone’s there. Still follow up with a quick over the shoulder, but so far the side mirrors have been 100% accurate. Also take a quick look to the rear view to make sure no one is coming in hot from behind.

Rear view mirror for rear. (I’m using a 400mm flat Broadway).

With the side mirrors adjusted this way feel 100% confident now with respect to external proximity awareness.

Last edited:

gxl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R PMM
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As far as side mirrors go, I had mine replaced with the suma wide angle ones that took care of most of the blind spot for me. Took a little getting used to but they work great. And it's got a blue tint to it which dims oncoming light too.

OP
OP
Fountainhead

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
As far as side mirrors go, I had mine replaced with the suma wide angle ones that took care of most of the blind spot for me. Took a little getting used to but they work great. And it's got a blue tint to it which dims oncoming light too.
Thanks everyone for mentioning the mirrors.....got links?

Jebuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CBP Type R
Country flag
Ooh I did get my "Black Chrome" CIVIC lettering today and hope to apply when car body is warmer..gonna look FANTASTIC!
Glad everything worked out for you! Can I ask where you got the black chrome civic lettering? I'm seeing it for high prices right now. Is it really that expensive?

gxl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R PMM
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
Fountainhead

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Glad everything worked out for you! Can I ask where you got the black chrome civic lettering? I'm seeing it for high prices right now. Is it really that expensive?
Well if you ask me charging 10.50 for shipping and 1.39 for handling when they ship USPS and it costs probably a couple bucks means they're actually charging 20.00 for the label, but I've tried ordering it before and other places would cancel my order a while later saying no stock.
It says "set" but it's only the "CIVIC" emblem.

Part Number​
Part Name​
Price​
Quantity​
Total​
75722-TGH-R00​
Emblem Set Rear​
$11.81​
1​
$11.81​
Subtotal: $11.81​
Estimated Shipping to 32746 via Economy Shipping: $10.50​
Handling: $1.39​
Total: $23.70​

alldiscountparts.com

MoodySara

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R - Boost Blue; 2024 Civic Touring - SGP
Country flag
I got the black Civic emblem at hondaautomotiveparts.com.

It was not expensive.

75722-TGH-R00Emblem Set Rear$12.131$12.13

If the shipping's outrageous, try your local dealer.

I got this with several other things in the box, so I don't know what the shipping would have been for just this.

Last edited:

Jebuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CBP Type R
Country flag
Thanks y'all!

I swear I thought I saw it going for almost $50 somewhere. Maybe I was looking at the wrong sets.

OP
OP
Fountainhead

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Well back to my regularly scheduled programming about my R from the shop back in my hands.
Like a dumbass I forgot to take a picture of the odometer when I dropped it off. I was stressed and wife was waiting, the place was chaos, blah blah.
So, I swear it had more gas in it when I picked it up than when I left it. I think that's BS on my part, why would anyone put gas in a car to hoon it? It was there a month and I didn't check to see if it was parked every day...lol.
The owner is a hardass and multiple times in multiple emails assured me no one joyrides customers cars there, they only move them from point A to point B.
So the car runs wonderfully, the paint job they did was (so far) perfect, and I have no hard evidence that anyone drove the car anywhere. The clutch isn't slipping, oil is normal, wheels are somewhat dirty. I did wash them to perfection before I took it in and they seem to be dirty as if they were driven, I know what that looks like.....I have got to put this to bed in my mind somehow that there is nothing i can prove, and nothing I can do even if I did.
These places have years and years of practice at dealing with people and cars like mine so naturally I'm wasting my time even posting here about it.
And, this is all my fault that it ended up there for a month.
I feel like I just want to sell it to get the doubt out of my life? Does that make sense?

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sucks that you didn’t get the odometer. Maybe the shop has it written on the original estimate?

Live and learn. Hopefully this will be the only time you’ll ever have to deal with something like this.

Hate the thought of someone joy riding your car… but as long as there aren’t any codes and the car isn’t stanky, I think it’s ok. It’s a track car that’s meant to be driven hard after all.

OP
OP
Fountainhead

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Sucks that you didn’t get the odometer. Maybe the shop has it written on the original estimate?

Live and learn. Hopefully this will be the only time you’ll ever have to deal with something like this.

Hate the thought of someone joy riding your car… but as long as there aren’t any codes and the car isn’t stanky, I think it’s ok. It’s a track car that’s meant to be driven hard after all.
Thanks,
Of course their odometer reading was 18 something and it was actually 19 something so oh well. Like I said these places are experts at this kind of BS.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
i personally feel like its not a big deal.

of course, its not a great feeling but its just a car in the end. If the paint is perfect and there isnt anything wrong with the car, i would just move on and not stress so much about it. Selling a car over that makes absolutely zero sense imo.

next time, have a dash cam installed and make sure to let them know you dont want it unplugged and just review footage later if these kind of things worry you so much. While it wont show if the shop "hooned" it, you can check the travel history on the car and see if it went anywhere out of the ordinary while it was there also.

OP
OP
Fountainhead

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
i personally feel like its not a big deal.

of course, its not a great feeling but its just a car in the end. If the paint is perfect and there isnt anything wrong with the car, i would just move on and not stress so much about it. Selling a car over that makes absolutely zero sense imo.

next time, have a dash cam installed and make sure to let them know you dont want it unplugged and just review footage later if these kind of things worry you so much. While it wont show if the shop "hooned" it, you can check the travel history on the car and see if it went anywhere out of the ordinary while it was there also.
Of course you are correct, only a car and obsessing over every detail won't let me sleep at night.
Objectively that's a great truth, but Subjectively difficult for me to apply.
Somehow I keep buying sports cars that I obsess over, I should get a 2009 Camry (OR a K Swapped CRX-and keep a spare motor in the garage to swap out lol) and just forget about the mental anguish of having a car I love. LOL right.

Thanks everyone for the advice.
Sponsored