Oh man and was my fault didn’t see the little Toyota next to me…

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
i always turn my head when i change lanes because that has happened to me in my truck.

i wish these mirrors had a wide angle second mirror like my mustang had, such a great idea. never had to turn my head the second mirror was always on point.
Sponsored

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
yeah they'll probably reskin the door anyway so magic eraser and clear coat won't matter anyway. Just want to manage the manky look of the damage to the best extent possible. Everyone in my neighborhood teases me about my car care regime and this happens.
Ouch! Time to reverse it into the garage lol NOBODY KNOWS!

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
i HATE when people hang in my blind spot and I try to make a concerted effort to not be in anyone's blind spot either. Sorry to hear about your accident - that sucks but happy to hear no one was hurt. Vehicles are replaceable but people aren't
Word. One of my pet peeves is slow passers. Like if you're going to pass, then pass. Authoritatively. And don't dilly-dally. Lol. Some people just lack situational awareness and it isn't second-nature.

Reactions: mim

lexro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2006, Civic Sedan Sport 2019, Type R 2021
Country flag
i HATE when people hang in my blind spot and I try to make a concerted effort to not be in anyone's blind spot either. Sorry to hear about your accident - that sucks but happy to hear no one was hurt. Vehicles are replaceable but people aren't
I hate it too because i always try to position myself in a safe spot where it's easier to react to other people's lack of awareness. It's the sentiment of "IF ONLY EVERYONE DOES THIS AND THAT"
But in the end it's my responsibility to make sure i am not changing lane into another car. can't blame them for driving normally in a straight line.

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I find that the worst blind spot in this car is 2 lanes over on the driver’s side. I’ve almost hit a couple people merging onto 3 or 4 lane roads.
I always crane my neck looking around the B pillar when merging onto highways for this reason lol.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

CharlieTangoRomeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 SGP CTR
Country flag
The passenger side blind spot is rough on this car. I've been surprised a few times. Glad everyone is ok and damage is wicked minor.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
You know - if you got it all off - the surface stuff - you could try the hot glue pull out method for the dent. You may be able to fix this overall

OP
OP
Fountainhead

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
You know - if you got it all off - the surface stuff - you could try the hot glue pull out method for the dent. You may be able to fix this overall
Well the paint is rubbed off in places and the door is pretty crunched and the passenger back door edge is sort of cut. We’ll see what the shop says Tuesday.

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo8, EF Civic Si, and 2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Glad no one was hurt. As for the chaning lane. A lot of people does this sh*t on purpose by "shawdowing" you to get a few bucks from the insurance. You would even signal and once they see your signal, they accelerate so you can't get in. That's why I hardly use my signal. If I want to change lane, I just do it and not "wonder" about it.