Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic hatchback Sport+ 2018
Country flag
Hey guys,

quick question.

My current wheel setup is: 17x7j offset is 45. In the front 20mm spacers and on the rear 25mm spacers.

If i want 19x9,5 wheels, what offset do i need in the front and back to get the same width that i have on my current setup?

Thanks
Sponsored

mar6o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 5D Elegance Navi MT 1.0
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Offset is also measured in mm- the smaller the number the wider the track. So with the spacers your current setup is ET25 and ET20 with a wheel width of 7 inches.

So in order to keep your track width with a wheel width of 9,5 inches you'd need ET55 wheels, which is... rare.

You also need to keep in mind that the inner edge of the wheels needs to clear the strut housing.

You can play with this calculator to find which size fits: https://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator#

OP
OP
Alexander

Alexander

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Offset is also measured in mm- the smaller the number the wider the track. So with the spacers your current setup is ET25 and ET20 with a wheel width of 7 inches.

So in order to keep your track width with a wheel width of 9,5 inches you'd need ET55 wheels, which is... rare.

You also need to keep in mind that the inner edge of the wheels needs to clear the strut housing.

You can play with this calculator to find which size fits: https://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator#
Hey, thanx for the explanation. So if i decide to go with 19x8,5j ,ET would be 30 if i'm correct?
So ET 35 on the front and 30 on the rear would be around the same as my current setup?

mar6o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 5D Elegance Navi MT 1.0
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
8,5 ET30 would bring your wheels out by 1/1,5 cm more front/rear compared to what you've got now. That's probably a managabe difference.

OP
OP
Alexander

Alexander

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey, thanx for your reply. Now the big search for wheels begins...
Sponsored