Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone else take their Civic offroad? I got a little brave during my Outer Banks trip this year on the Alligator Island Refuge area (where ironically the big draw is seeing bears).

It rained pretty heavy the day before so it was all muddy. I was in a group of trucks because all my friends have trucks. So they all have 4x4 and brought tow straps in case I got stuck. Well, I didn't. Surprisingly my 2018 Civic Sport Hatchback did extremely well. Little to no wheel spin in the mud (except for when I wanted to fling it up all over the car).

So long story short, the Civic does well in mud. Anyone else brave enough to try it? Let's see some pics/hear some stories!

I have more pictures but my work wifi is horrid. I'll post the rest later.

Honda Civic 10th gen Offroading in a Civic 20210522_102620

Honda Civic 10th gen Offroading in a Civic civic offroad 2021

Last edited:

BENFERRONI

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
Awesome! I was on a dirt road for a while and hit a rock that cracked my front bumper, so now i'm scared to take mine out. Did you have any mods for offroading?

OP
OP
dktyson

dktyson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't really have any dedicated "offroading" mods. I'm losing interest in the car and the light mods I've done that are focused on street use. I think I want to turn it into more of a "rally" car. It's almost got 100k miles so :dunno:

In other news, it's been about a year, and I made the trip to OBX again. Same spot, 1 year later. It was way muddier this year and I was worried I would get stuck but she was fine. I should have taken better pics but I didn't. Allegedly, because I was hitting the puddles so fast, my car was disappearing under the waves!

Honda Civic 10th gen Offroading in a Civic 20220525_195405

Honda Civic 10th gen Offroading in a Civic 20220612_003220

OP
OP
dktyson

dktyson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd almost like to do something similar to these. Obviously not nearly as aggressive, because these are quite ugly. I want some knobby tires, maybe a snorkel, off-road wheels, maybe some rally protection (total bumpers or guards).

(Last pic just for fun)
Honda Civic 10th gen Offroading in a Civic 1655086151490

Honda Civic 10th gen Offroading in a Civic 1655085802794

Honda Civic 10th gen Offroading in a Civic 1655085877467

Honda Civic 10th gen Offroading in a Civic 1655085938462

Honda Civic 10th gen Offroading in a Civic 1655086534889

Abrahampr

First Name
Abraham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EXT 2016
Country flag
I want to build something like this too. I am having issue to decide how to lift 1”

OP
OP
dktyson

dktyson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
dktyson

dktyson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Actually its on sale. $269

Abrahampr

First Name
Abraham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EXT 2016
Country flag
i have seen the kit...but nobody have installed or seen photo...how feels, if body rolls. I have search coilovers that lift, but same, no experience. And I dont know nothing about mechanic. Everybody drops their civic, big wheels, in Puerto Rico the roads have more crater that the Moon. I want a cool 1" max 2" with 17" wheels" and lifted. Mayby a clean roof rack. 1st photo is the idea. 2nd my honda most recent photo 2022. with me since new 2016.
Honda Civic 10th gen Offroading in a Civic Untitled2

Honda Civic 10th gen Offroading in a Civic Untitled

OP
OP
dktyson

dktyson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah same. Don't want to drop the money and it doesn't suit my needs or do what I wanted

OP
OP
dktyson

dktyson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i have seen the kit...but nobody have installed or seen photo...how feels, if body rolls. I have search coilovers that lift, but same, no experience. And I dont know nothing about mechanic. Everybody drops their civic, big wheels, in Puerto Rico the roads have more crater that the Moon. I want a cool 1" max 2" with 17" wheels" and lifted. Mayby a clean roof rack. 1st photo is the idea. 2nd my honda most recent photo 2022. with me since new 2016.
Untitled2.png

Untitled.png
Hey! Just wanted to get an update out there. I bought the lift kit, but haven't installed it yet.

Did you ever get your mods done?

I installed a roof basket and some tow mirrors on mine. Then added some lights and steer horns.

I bought some 5x114.3 Avid AV26 wheels (17") to wrap some knobby tires around - probably some wildpeaks or at2s. Once i install the lift kit i'll put the wheels/tires on. I'm willing to bet i'll need to do some trimming or rolling of the fenders.