Officially left civic-x ownership

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
They're ratings by owners. How would they skew those if they, for some strange reason, wanted to champion the underdogs? You guys are ignoring facts.

If a model has been the top seller for decades or even generations, who do you believe?
Using sales figures is a terrible way to base buying decisions. There are countless things that sell well, but are far, far from the best. Budweiser? I could go on.

Personally, I cant buy into a company who's brand is 'to copy others work'. While taking the easy path, they're only ace card is to load their cars with mindless technology and use it as a selling point for tech junkies. Junkies who dream about a day when they don't have to drive.
They're no different than any car company, Honda included.
Sponsored

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
Hyundai/Kia use their loaded "tech" models as a screen over their poor history of reliability.
The history shows a good history of reliability. Look at some of the older versions of the ratings I linked earlier and they're not much different.
This was for models 14-15+ years ago:
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/4854302/

Many people who are shopping for a new car applaud them for how much they get for their money versus the competition. They don't, and never will understand what we all know.
LOL, arrogant much? We who? What do we know?

Can't judge a book by it's cover.
No, you can't. As bad as using sales figures. That's why feedback from previous customers is a great source.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I would never personally buy a hyundai or a kia but they're not as unreliable as people are thinking, at least in the recent years.

regarding service departments, that has to do with the dealership more than the actual brand of the car. There's garbage honda service departments also.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
Wow! I hear there are good Hyundai forums out there on the web my friend.
Nice.

I don't own a Hyundai and am not a Hyundai fan. I own a Honda. I'm just realistic and am not a Honda fanboy, so I can realize there might be other makes just as reliable, or more. And I fully welcome it. Better competition can only make Honda better, and cheaper.

DrToothache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice.

I don't own a Hyundai and am not a Hyundai fan. I own a Honda. I'm just realistic and am not a Honda fanboy, so I can realize there might be other makes just as reliable, or more. And I fully welcome it. Better competition can only make Honda better, and cheaper.
I feel the same way. Hyundai has improved in terms of reliability in the last decade. I think they are a safe purchase. I just don't like the style of their cars as much. Many of their cars seem to have a more feminine look than their competitors. Nothing wrong with that, just not my cup of tea personally.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
All I read about, when I was interested in a Genesis Coupe 2.0T a while ago, was that Hyundai would pulll anything out of their ass to deny powertrain warranty after the 3-36k mile term was up. Yes I know they have a 10yr/100k powertrain but read that that was pretty much worthless due to this. Also read that their motors tended to have sludge issues after a number of years and that if you didn't get every oil change done at a Hyundai store, they would void your powertrain warranty if anything went wrong oil related. Kind of turned me off to the brand after that. It was a lot of consumer reports, not just a few.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
Hyundai has improved in terms of reliability in the last decade. I think they are a safe purchase. I just don't like the style of their cars as much.... not my cup of tea personally.
This is me exactly. They are more plain, or at least not as sporty.

clayky

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
I would never personally buy a hyundai or a kia but they're not as unreliable as people are thinking, at least in the recent years.

regarding service departments, that has to do with the dealership more than the actual brand of the car. There's garbage honda service departments also.
Hence the “personal experience” disclaimer. I’ve been to 6 Hyundai dealers in KY and each were garbage for various reasons. The last experience was a bad wheel bearing (the latest Hyundai saga) that they couldn’t diagnose because it’s hard, I guess. Took it to Meineke two days later and they diagnosed it and replaced it before noon. Thanks, Meineke!

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
Hence the “personal experience” disclaimer. I’ve been to 6 Hyundai dealers in KY and each were garbage for various reasons. The last experience was a bad wheel bearing (the latest Hyundai saga) that they couldn’t diagnose because it’s hard, I guess. Took it to Meineke two days later and they diagnosed it and replaced it before noon. Thanks, Meineke!
That sucks.
FYI, the Hyundai dealers in your area are rated nearly the same as Honda. Both are all close to rating of 5 (5 point scale).
There are 3 Honda dealers near me rated 2.5, 3.2, and 3.4. All the Hyundai dealers (9) nearest me are rated 4.6 and up.
https://www.dealerrater.com/reviews/Honda/
https://www.dealerrater.com/reviews/Hyundai/
Don't know how reliable these reviews are.

clayky

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
That sucks.
FYI, the Hyundai dealers in your area are rated nearly the same as Honda. Both are all close to rating of 5 (5 point scale).
There are 3 Honda dealers near me rated 2.5, 3.2, and 3.4. All the Hyundai dealers (9) nearest me are rated 4.6 and up.
https://www.dealerrater.com/reviews/Honda/
https://www.dealerrater.com/reviews/Hyundai/
Don't know how reliable these reviews are.
I’ve only been to 3 Honda dealers and only use 1 regularly. Can’t complain about much in my experience locally, though last year they screwed up on an oil change and wiper refill. The service manager bent over backwards to make it right and I let her know it was appreciated.

I really like the Elantra Sport and with the $7k discount off sticker I could overlook the resale, but the service departments around here will likely be the nail in that coffin.

cubsws2016

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 mustang gt
if i remember correctly the exploding moonroof was also an issue on the 8th gens as well.
Sponsored