Officially left civic-x ownership

OP
OP

timcole421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sensing Sedan
That is why there is Leasing. People, like myself who don't keep cars long but enough so they're covered under warranty. Also, I lease because it's much cheaper than financing. In my case, $250 cheaper a month.

I don't put any money down on any of my leases. No cost out of pocket.
I guess it's just my frugal old ass. If your needs fall into the mileage allowance on a lease, odds are that the need for a NEW rented car are nil in most cases. Leases work by paying for the first three years depreciation of the cars value - you're taking the biggest hit of anyone. Not every situation is the same, but in 95% of these cases it is a want and not a need. Not judging, everyone's cases are different and hey....we all like what we like and want what we want. But when someone else tries to sell me on why financing or leasing new cars is really a NEED, well my BS meter spikes.
Sponsored

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
Call me an odd ball but if I could put the Civic's power train with the interior of the Elantra I would. All the controls are easy to use and the Elantra's infotainment center is faster and easier to figure out. I bought the Civic but it was because of the superior powetrain.
I don't think it's bad looking either. It's actually not too far off from the Civic, and instead of the picture Billy posted (which seems to be a lesser model), see:
https://www.hyundaiusa.com/elantra/gallery.aspx
or
https://www.hyundaiusa.com/images/c.../2018-hyundai-elantra-gt-ext-06_1920x1200.jpg

The Elantra also has blind spot monitor and cross traffic monitor, and Infinity speakers. The Civic's are crap. FYI, according to the specs, no CD player. Maybe person was joking.
And it has...headunit knobs! LOL:popcorn:

Last edited:

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag

1.5CivicEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Like he said, typo. Cap in VA is $599. I bought from there in late 2015. It was $599.

If they're fraudulently now charging folks $699 per transaction, refer them to the US Attorney's office/Eastern District of Virginia for prosecution.
Here's a GTI from Sheehy VW: http://www.sheehyspringfieldvw.com/...field-va-56f29cf00a0e0a6b24400814066c3670.htm

Here's Stohlman VW:
http://www.stohlman-vw.com/VehicleD...wagen-Golf_GTI-SE-Tysons_Corner-VA/3076047073

All their cars have a $699 doc fee as well. I highly doubt 3 dealers are incorrect. Even more highly doubt they are all 3 charging fraudulent fees.

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I would just never buy a used car, period.
Same here. Once bought a used car, had minor issues, but didn't like it over all. I get if you cannot afford a new car, nothing wrong with that, but personally choice wise I'd never buy a used car unless I personally knew the seller like a car guy who took care of it but looking to upgrade and needs $. Just don't know what condition it was used in. Everyone loves to believe that their car was "adult driven", but the truth is there are many idiots out there who don't take care of their stuff. Long-term you can wind upside down $ with a used car. I'd rather just save and get a new one. I know depreciation, etc, etc but I keep my cars for awhile. If I didn't I'd just lease instead.

OP
OP

timcole421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sensing Sedan
On photo #9 it looks like there's a friction fading on the right side of the horn in the center of the steering wheel. Must have used the horn a lot ?

Photo #10 shows a lot of wear on the steering wheel.

Car looks good for being driven almost 70,000. Looks new
I have NO idea why the plastic on the horn area looked like that. It didn't usually look THAT bad, but it did always annoy me. It was there since new. Even armor all wouldn't cover it up. That's a reflection of some sort in photo 10......95 percent of the time I drove with one hand, in the 10 o'clock position. Never down there.

mathdydx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag

1.5CivicEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Well you are right about the $699 fee....but a year ago it was $599 processing fee (as my email states from one of the salesman there).

To answer your other post about what I paid, I got my EX-T (CVT engine) for $18,991 plus TTL.
They were probably allowed to raise it for whatever reason. And I'm sure they did immediately. That's a great price for an EX-T. My best quote for a manual EX-T is $19.5k before TTL. I would have jumped on it as I haven't had any quotes come close but didn't like the color.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
I’ll take personal experience over anything on the web. And aside from the abysmal resale, I’ve never seen worse service departments.
They're based on customer ratings (you know, facts?), not some web author wannabies.
I would believe the service department statement. Though you'll find some bad stories about Honda service on here as well.
Sponsored