Officially left civic-x ownership

darkness975

dream reaper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T
Country flag
Do I have to worry about my moon roof exploding? Because I am OCD and now I am concerned.
Sponsored

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lots of good discussion on this thread. I've been a loyal Honda owner since 1985. The reliability of the brand and minimum maintenance you have to do to keep them running has kept me coming back to them. I didn't need a new car when I bought my 2016 EXT but it was the first new Civic that I really liked since the 2000 model year. Test driving it was to say the least incredible compared to the 6th generation. So I went and bought it and I am very happy that I did. After 22000 miles and really no problems at all other than the rear light cover, the reliability so far and the great gas mileage it gets leads me to believe that I made the right decision. And the Turbo ain't so bad either.

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
I leased a car once. I will never do it again. It may be the greatest ripoff ever devised. Anyone who tries to argue in favor of it on the basis of "depreciation" is only trying to justify a very stupid choice on their part. They're idiots, but they don't want to face up to it.

spnewera

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Black
Lots of polarizing opinions on this post of people who are happy and unhappy. Some people just want different things out of their car. I finally made the switch to a 2016 V6 Accord Coupe and I haven't looked back since. I may miss the gas mileage a little bit, but in terms of how the car drives (no more CVT jerkiness 40-75 MPH AFTER the dealer applied the TSB), uncomfortable seats, ride quality while on HWY speeds, extremely buggy infotainment system, I am completely happy with the switch and where I am with my car.

The civic is no doubt a good car, just needs a couple of things ironed out. It has done its job for the past two years, but I'm glad to say that I can leave it behind.

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I leased a car once. I will never do it again. It may be the greatest ripoff ever devised. Anyone who tries to argue in favor of it on the basis of "depreciation" is only trying to justify a very stupid choice on their part. They're idiots, but they don't want to face up to it.
Interesting. How so?

1.5CivicEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
You are nuts. No offense.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
hmm this is a very bad hot take. If someone is never paying off a car, then whats the point? I mean, even if you pay the car off, and trade it down the road you are still going to have another car payment. So why not pay on only a portion of the car then give it back rather than paying on the whole price and still giving it back? There are $0 down leases and such too.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Leasing is only really a good idea for people who like to change out cars every year or 2 or businesses. As Dallas said, there's no point starting another full car payment when you can just pay on the cost for however long you will have it. I for one will never lease again but for those who change cars like underwear it's a good idea.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Leasing is only really a good idea for people who like to change out cars every year or 2 or businesses. As Dallas said, there's no point starting another full car payment when you can just pay on the cost for however long you will have it. I for one will never lease again but for those who change cars like underwear it's a good idea.
I actually leased a 9th gen Accord, bc I had less than good credit and didnt want a high interest rate for for 5 or 6 years, (yes I realize leases have a lease factor) I was going to drive it for 3 years but it ended up getting totaled and fortunately I had better credit then so I bought and off lease 09 SI for $14,900 with 40k miles at the time back in 2013. It worked out for me. I drive too many miles now though for a lease to work for me so I too will buy. But for David to say what he did about leasing is completely out of line
Sponsored