Officially left civic-x ownership

timcole421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sensing Sedan
Hey all, thanks for the info, tech and talk the past two years! After just under 68k miles, I'd had enough with the infotainment and sensing issues and decided to make my move. I sent a letter to HoA addressing my concerns, but the rude lady who call would rather blame me for not having a mid-2015 phone since it was the newest on their approved list. Ironic that the lack of any kind of software updates was my main concern and she didn't even get that after her own point on the approved phones.

Anyway, I decided to sell the car and took it to carmax. 2016 civic ex-t with sensing n VG-EX condition at 67k+ miles got me an offer of 14k. I know I can get more elsewhere, but after thinking about it a day I decided to avoid the hassles of private sale and just dropped it off.

So long and thanks!
Sponsored

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry to hear you're having issues.

Good luck on your next purchase.

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
Best of luck on your next vehicle.

OP
OP

timcole421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sensing Sedan
Thanks! It was honestly a pretty great car. Only issues I had whatsoever were software/firmware related...and windshields. I plan to buy a used lexus is200t sometime between now and spring.

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
Best of luck with your new purchase Tim. Thank you for all your mileage posts and highlighting core issues with Honda's quality and dependability (been quite bad with the 10th generation and auto reviewers like consumer reports, JD power, and AJAC have been right with their analysis). I believe you did the right choice to agree to the Carmax quote.

If you looking in the same car market, can I suggest to you a Hyundai Elantra 2017. My girlfriend is loving it as of now and has over 35k km (no problems). The only thing is that because it has a 6 speed automatic and not a CVT, it has slightly less fuel economy.

Regards
Do you work for Hyundai? Scrolling through your post history, 15 of your last 20 posts are knocking Honda's quality or praising Hyundai's.

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry to hear about all the issues you were having. Hopeful that your next car doesn't give you issues like this.

dby2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T sedan
Country flag
The Elantra is great until you step on the gas and the whole car buzzes and vibrates. Even though I loved the 2018 Elantra's interior layout and controls I just didn't think I could stand driving it every day. No way would someone go from a Civic to an Elantra and actually be happy driving the Hyundai.

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
Do you work for Hyundai? Scrolling through your post history, 15 of your last 20 posts are knocking Honda's quality or praising Hyundai's.[/QUOTE
:agree:

Last edited:

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Regardless of how nice Hyundai is, the resale makes it a no-go for me.
That, and I've yet to see a Hyundai interior that actually looks mildly inviting.

This is about as sterile as it gets next to getting your balls chopped off...

Honda Civic 10th gen Officially left civic-x ownership IMG_2753it

dby2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T sedan
Country flag
Call me an odd ball but if I could put the Civic's power train with the interior of the Elantra I would. All the controls are easy to use and the Elantra's infotainment center is faster and easier to figure out. I bought the Civic but it was because of the superior powetrain.

jks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RSX
Country flag
I unbought my Honda Civic Hatch LX 6mt before it was ever delivered to me. I negotiated a price, set down a deposit, and ordered it in late May and insisted on a back-out clause if the car didn't arrive in 3 months. Early this month I exercised my option and walked away from the deal. I'm more than a little bitter at NA Honda and their shitty upsell tactics. They want everyone to spring for the high-profit-margin CVT so they relegate the 6mt to the base trims and then simply don't import the 6mt in numbers nearly large enough to slake demand. They're counting on me giving up the long wait and settling for the CVT. Instead, I'm moving on. For now, my beloved 200,000 mile RSX is going to continue to be my car. I'm looking at the next gen Mazda3 which will have the new Skyactiv x engine. Hopefully this won't be a vaporware engine like the Skyactiv D. One things for sure, Mazda makes a 6mt available for all trim levels and doesn't play NA Honda's transmission upsell games. At any rate, I'm keeping my options open.

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
My parents had the same thing happen with a Fit Sport. 3 months of waiting for a stick..Eventually gave up and bought a Subaru.

Last edited:

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I settled on a cvt and it was the worse decision of my life so far. Good you backed out of it. The cvt really ruins the car. Even my 1992 civic hatch was way more fun to drive. My 2016 civic touring feels so neutered.
Sponsored