officially an type r owner !!!

warrendeath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R 'Hellbat'
TypeR_500 - One more congratulations for adding this beautiful white Civic type R to your car collection. Some will say you are paying too much for the car and they wouldn't buy it at that price, they are just jealous. You are the type of guy that sure knows how to enjoy life to the fullest. :drive:
Jealous of the car? Maybe. But I think the envy is lessened quite a bit with mark up. Props to OP for the car, but 10k to me is a college fund for kids, a few vacations, etc. I won't deny the greatness of the Type R but it stops being a value when you're getting charged almost 50 for it
Sponsored

dabx5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Wow! That was awesome of you to do that. Good thing you tried it out, I have a feeling some who are jumping in paying the markups(that are not followers of the TypeR) will soon be trying to sell on the used market.
Yep, hope he appreciates it.. and does something nice for someone else, paying it forward...maybe gives an enthusiast a ride around the local track or something... I could have bought it and put it on the second hand market and made $5K or something but to me its really not worth the hassle and I don't need the money that bad. id rather see someone else happy in their dream car..!

My Dealer is Awesome. Germain Honda Naples FL....if any of you are interested..

J-Arias

CTR874
First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cu2Tsx, type r
Country flag
the outside ? interesting. your gonna have to school me and teach me a few things bro lol I'm use to the simple traditional bmw layout lol
Just play with it bro you will find out by your self. Radio gives you much options.

PirelliPZero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EJ6, CBR
Where are those plastic panels at the side of the engine bay? USDM version does not have them?
From what I can tell, every Civic outside of North America gets them (even the 3-cylinder cars) but none do for North America.

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag
Not even for the $10k over. Thanks for making a point to the other dealers that it will sell for this price.

We all know people with the money like yourself will buy it at the asking price, so congrats. Treat it well and if you ever want to do performance driving with it check out the Buccaneer Region SCCA Solo program. It would be great to see it out. Plus cone marks come out.

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
lmao nah but I must admit sometime I catch myself getting the itch going zoom zoom. the 16 m3 is just something else whole different ball game. after you drive one you'll understand why. 100mph legit feels like 60-70 mph. so when I'm going 60-70 feels a lot slower
Almost any car with high horsepower seems like that. The GT3 is a fast car, and mine has been modified quite a bit, and after a jaunt of triple digit speeds(um, uh, not that I would do that, I just "heard" about it)70mph seems very slow. But the higher end cars, provide power very smooth, and it can be deceiving how fast you are going, and how fast you get there. Plus, they are stable at higher speeds. Now the Type R, isn't considered a very High HP car, relatively speaking of course, with a lot of manufacturers putting out 450+HP vehicles. But on the track, the R is definitely no slouch as it leaves behind cars over twice their price range, even if you include the ADM.

DGK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 civic si-r,
Almost any car with high horsepower seems like that. The GT3 is a fast car, and mine has been modified quite a bit, and after a jaunt of triple digit speeds(um, uh, not that I would do that, I just "heard" about it)70mph seems very slow. But the higher end cars, provide power very smooth, and it can be deceiving how fast you are going, and how fast you get there. Plus, they are stable at higher speeds. Now the Type R, isn't considered a very High HP car, relatively speaking of course, with a lot of manufacturers putting out 450+HP vehicles. But on the track, the R is definitely no slouch as it leaves behind cars over twice their price range, even if you include the ADM.
Gt3 is a beautiful car it's on my bucket list in the future but it has to be this one

Honda Civic 10th gen officially an type r owner !!! IMG_1956.JPG

jzj323

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Civic Si and 2007 Toyota Highlander Limited Hybrid
Gt3 is a beautiful car it's on my bucket list in the future but it has to be this one

IMG_1956.JPG
I drove one of those at work and a white one damnnn they are loud have so much value.

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

IMG_1956.JPG
I don't have the RS. I have the 996 body style. There isn't much love for the 996's. However, my GT3 can run right with the 997 and 991 GT3's, as it has very close to the same Horsepower. I however, do not have the rear wheel steering like the 991's have. I might not have the 0-60 speed that the 4.0L 991's have, but on a top speed run, I think I can take them. They have a top speed of 197, I think I am pushing close to 200mph. I would however, love to have the carbon fiber wing of the RS. SO much want there....

eyedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
e30, gt3, mdx, x5
I don't have the RS. I have the 996 body style. There isn't much love for the 996's. However, my GT3 can run right with the 997 and 991 GT3's, as it has very close to the same Horsepower. I however, do not have the rear wheel steering like the 991's have. I might not have the 0-60 speed that the 4.0L 991's have, but on a top speed run, I think I can take them. They have a top speed of 197, I think I am pushing close to 200mph. I would however, love to have the carbon fiber wing of the RS. SO much want there....
Hey Banshee, I have driven my friend 996 and it is very good car. We even drove friend's 997.1 and my 997.2 and those models are more refined but 996 gt3 is very capable car. Plus now 996 prices are going up and holding its value.

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey Banshee, I have driven my friend 996 and it is very good car. We even drove friend's 997.1 and my 997.2 and those models are more refined but 996 gt3 is very capable car. Plus now 996 prices are going up and holding its value.
Yes, it isn't as refined as the newer models, but then again, most older models aren't as refined as their newer, updated models.
The 996 doesn't have all of the helpers as today's models. No traction control, no stability control, no electronic brake distribution. Just ABS. The 996 GT3 is about as raw as it gets. The 993 models have a very high desirability. The resale prices of these have gone through the roof, especially low mileage, unmolested copies.

OP
OP

TypeR_500

First Name
Phi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 bmw m3 competition package, 00 Honda Civic Si, 14 Toyota Tundra, 17 Honda Civic type R
its funny. told myself after my m3 I will start to save money for the new gt3s. thats like my dream dream car. than out comes to type r smh. Ima gonna have to wait another 4-5 years before I get myself one. hopefully by than business is still doing good

OP
OP

TypeR_500

First Name
Phi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 bmw m3 competition package, 00 Honda Civic Si, 14 Toyota Tundra, 17 Honda Civic type R
a few more pictures my friend just sent over enjoy ! question whats the best way to post a good quality video on here? I'm new to this forum thing

Honda Civic 10th gen officially an type r owner !!! 34604080463_ac3248c97f_k

Honda Civic 10th gen officially an type r owner !!! 35413708245_a7a27f7b2a_k