Official WHITE ORCHID PEARL Civic Thread

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP, 2023 Tesla Model Y Perf
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@iTzLanders, you can also check out the garage section of the forum. You can look at everyone's mods under the "Cosmetic modification" or "Performance Modifications." Also check out the thread: "What have you done to your Civic today?" thread. Lots of good ideas in there!

Oh yeah, don't forget the most important window tints!
Sponsored

iTzLanders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Oops, apologies. I didn't notice that you're in Canada, but I went ahead and googled it for you. Here is a seller in Canada. Conversion to the Canadian dollar makes them look pricey for you guys. I could be wrong.

http://www.calipercovers.ca

I wrote up the installation instructions for the clear side markers on the DIY section of the forum. It's not very difficult although some of us had a hard time getting either the left of the right one to tab in securely, but it's easily doable. Here is the link:

http://www.civicx.com/threads/diy-clear-side-marker-lamp-housing-swap.4920/

Will you be starting a garage soon? Would love to see your CivicX TWOP!
On CalipersCover I can't seem to find the caliper with the Honda logo on there only words with civic or Honda no logos :/

Is it tedious self-installing it? I'm quite new to modding so I'm not sure if I might wreck someone or whatnot

And what do you mean by starting a garage soon? And what's TWOP sorry I'm quite new to this LOL..

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
On CalipersCover I can't seem to find the caliper with the Honda logo on there only words with civic or Honda no logos :/

Is it tedious self-installing it? I'm quite new to modding so I'm not sure if I might wreck someone or whatnot

And what do you mean by starting a garage soon? And what's TWOP sorry I'm quite new to this LOL..
LOL no prob @iTzLanders! I was a newbie back in April when I joined the forum. TWOP (Touring White Orchid Pearl). On the website, click on the top left where it says "Browse Covers" and at the bottom you will find the ones that has Honda engraved for the fronts and H logo for the rears. Here's the link just in case:

http://www.calipercovers.ca/red-caliper-covers-honda-civic-3104613

Installations is super easy. It took longer to remove each wheel prior to the installation. Here is a Youtube video:

If you click on the garage tab of the forum, you will find an option to start your showcase garage on here. It's a place to post all of your pictures of your car! :thumbsup: If you click on my name, you can click on the link to see my showcase garage!

iTzLanders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
LOL no prob @iTzLanders! I was a newbie back in April when I joined the forum. TWOP (Touring White Orchid Pearl). On the website, click on the top left where it says "Browse Covers" and at the bottom you will find the ones that has Honda engraved for the fronts and H logo for the rears. Here's the link just in case:

http://www.calipercovers.ca/red-caliper-covers-honda-civic-3104613

Installations is super easy. It took longer to remove each wheel prior to the installation. Here is a Youtube video:

If you click on the garage tab of the forum, you will find an option to start your showcase garage on here. It's a place to post all of your pictures of your car! :thumbsup: If you click on my name, you can click on the link to see my showcase garage!
Oh haha okokok! Do you know if I remove the wheel myself do I have to realign it and balance it out or no? Also for winter tires I'm not really looking for expensive rims to put on them because they're for winter do you now a good place to get cheap winter rims? 0:

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh haha okokok! Do you know if I remove the wheel myself do I have to realign it and balance it out or no? Also for winter tires I'm not really looking for expensive rims to put on them because they're for winter do you now a good place to get cheap winter rims? 0:
@iTzLanders, no need to realign or balance your rims. The calipers are simple "plug and play." I've made friends with someone from Ontario here in the forum. He is also in the process of shopping for cheap winter rims (steelies) and tires soon. He said that he is going to look in Walmart for his winter set of wheels and tires. Like you, he is not looking to get designer alloys for his winter tires.

iTzLanders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
@iTzLanders, no need to realign or balance your rims. The calipers are simple "plug and play." I've made friends with someone from Ontario here in the forum. He is also in the process of shopping for cheap winter rims (steelies) and tires soon. He said that he is going to look in Walmart for his winter set of wheels and tires. Like you, he is not looking to get designer alloys for his winter tires.
Do you know the price of tint or did your vehicle come with it? I got a quote on my touring it's $300 for 4 windows don't know if I should tint the back window as well. The dealership was telling me 699 for a 6 window tint..

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you know the price of tint or did your vehicle come with it? I got a quote on my touring it's $300 for 4 windows don't know if I should tint the back window as well. The dealership was telling me 699 for a 6 window tint..
Oh no!!! Dealers have markup pricing. You're better off going to a reputable shop. Mine cost around $300 for the all four windows and rear glass. There are many options for tint, but the most popular one that most people are going with now is the ceramic tints. Not only does it provide the privacy but also has heat deflection properties. They shop I went with has Solar Gard brand. Make sure you abide by your region's tint laws. Here in California you can go as dark as you want with the rear passenger windows and rear glass, but it's ILLEGAL to tint the fronts. Most cops here don't really stop anyone as along as they can see the driver inside. I went with 50% fronts and 20% rears. I had another car where I went with limo tint (darkest) in the back half of the car, and it was very hard to see out at night where there is not much lighting in the environment. I would never go that dark again. 20% was perfect, providing enough privacy, but you can see out the back without difficulty. There is a thread here somewhere where a forum member described in detail every tint options available in todays market.

EDIT: here are the links to that thread:

http://www.civicx.com/threads/what-did-you-do-to-your-civic-today.786/page-175#post-76326

http://www.civicx.com/threads/post-your-tinted-windows.1851/page-19#post-57002

iTzLanders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Oh no!!! Dealers have markup pricing. You're better off going to a reputable shop. Mine cost around $300 for the all four windows and rear glass. There are many options for tint, but the most popular one that most people are going with now is the ceramic tints. Not only does it provide the privacy but also has heat deflection properties. They shop I went with has Solar Gard brand. Make sure you abide by your region's tint laws. Here in California you can go as dark as you want with the rear passenger windows and rear glass, but it's ILLEGAL to tint the fronts. Most cops here don't really stop anyone as along as they can see the driver inside. I went with 50% fronts and 20% rears. I had another car where I went with limo tint (darkest) in the back half of the car, and it was very hard to see out at night where there is not much lighting in the environment. I would never go that dark again. 20% was perfect, providing enough privacy, but you can see out the back without difficulty. There is a thread here somewhere where a forum member described in detail every tint options available in todays market.

EDIT: here is the link to that thread:

http://www.civicx.com/threads/what-did-you-do-to-your-civic-today.786/page-175#post-76326
This is exactly what they said to me don't know if it's too much but here it is :p

I'll quote you for 2 of our entry level films that most customers go with and if you’re interested in our other high performance films please stop by our showroom for a better idea. So to tint just the rear windows with our basic entry level military grade Extruded film will be only $300+gst at any shade. And if you’re interested, we too carry our competitors Dyed films with a lifetime warranty (same films every other shops uses), and if you're interested in these Dyed films we can tint the rear windows for only $250+gst at any shade.

Not sure if they have ceramic have to ask them. But I'll ask them for rear window as well!

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is exactly what they said to me don't know if it's too much but here it is :p

I'll quote you for 2 of our entry level films that most customers go with and if you’re interested in our other high performance films please stop by our showroom for a better idea. So to tint just the rear windows with our basic entry level military grade Extruded film will be only $300+gst at any shade. And if you’re interested, we too carry our competitors Dyed films with a lifetime warranty (same films every other shops uses), and if you're interested in these Dyed films we can tint the rear windows for only $250+gst at any shade.

Not sure if they have ceramic have to ask them. But I'll ask them for rear window as well!
I am not sure if that is fair pricing for Canadians. It just may be. I am in the States and I've read where people spent between $200 to $400 USD. Google or look for a reputable tinting shops in your area. Do you have Yelp? I would not go with the dealer as they outsource the tint process out to local shops and will charge you overhead cost and markup fees.

iTzLanders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I am not sure if that is fair pricing for Canadians. It just may be. I am in the States and I've read where people spent between $200 to $400 USD. Google or look for a reputable tinting shops in your area. Do you have Yelp? I would not go with the dealer as they outsource the tint process out to local shops and will charge you overhead cost and markup fees.
So normally go with ceramic out crystalline? I'm also debating if I should wrap the lights or not lmao I wanted this car to look mean haha. Not really sure how the warranty works either :/

89AKurt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T, 1969 Chevrolet C-10 pickup
Country flag
Thought I clicked on the wrong forum. :offtopic:

Here is an obligatory parking lot picture. The old Oldsmobile coupe sort of got in the way.
Honda Civic 10th gen Official WHITE ORCHID PEARL Civic Thread 43238440.097bb0d5.800

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag