frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
So after much searching I’ve decided that a wheel spacer thread would be helpful. I for one am being cheap and do not want to drop $2.5-3k on wheels just yet. I have been looking into the Perrin 27mm spacers but as I am lowered on Swift Springs I believe I will rub and I don’t really want that. I have read about people having success with 25mm spacers but they are usually cheap ones from eBay and if I’m adding something like spacers I’d prefer they be from a reputable company. If anyone with first hand experience can chime in Id really appreciate that. Anyone with negative comments please use your negativity elsewhere. Let’s keep this interesting.

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Wheel Spacer Thread 8659AB11-8B99-4FB1-A93B-3332127797C9
Sponsored

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
frtorres87

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Aesthetically, hella flush on stock (8.5”) rims is at +35 to +38 using 22mm to 25mm spacers. If you’re willing to try some quality 20mm ones from Germany, here they are:

https://www.evasivemotorsports.com//mm5/merchant.mvc?BRAND=H&R&Category_Code=FK8-WHEELS&Per_Page=12&Screen=CTGY&Sort_By=disp_order&Store_Code=EM
I appreciate your response. I am certainly willing to try these. When I was into German cars H&R spacers were very common. Anyone running these or other 20mm? I’d be interested in some feedback or pics with some 20mm examples on an FK8.

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
Some reputable companies that make spacers are Ichiba, Projec Kics and H&R. I used 25mm Ichiba bolt-on spacers and 20mm H&R bolt-on spacers on my previous cars. No vibrations or any issues. You can't go wrong with H&R. Personally, 25mm is the max I would go with any spacers because it adds rotational mass and stress on the wheel hub.

Last edited:

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here’s a video showing the stance with 25mm spacers.

Turn off your speakers if you’re at work. Lol

OP
OP
frtorres87

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Some reputable companies that make spacers are Ichiba, Projec Kics and H&R. I used 25mm Ichiba bolt-on spacers and 20mm H&R bolt-on spacers on my previous cars. No vibrations or any issues. You can't go wrong with H&R. Personally, 25mm is the max I would go with any spacers because it adds rotational mass and stress on the wheel hub.
this is solid info, thanks!

OP
OP
frtorres87

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Here’s a video showing the stance with 25mm spacers.

Turn off your speakers if you’re at work. Lol

this is one of the videos I did find when I was searching for info. But his 25mm are a off brand eBay purchase. Nothing wrong with that but makes me a little nervous. I also read something about having to trim the lug nuts.

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
I am Swift too and I suggest 15mm or less. The stockers are tucked in there tight!

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
I believe the wheels hub has the indentation, and that will clear the studs.
Sponsored