Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I haven’t done spacers in a very long time does the old flat metal spacers between the rotor and wheel cause issues or is it necessary to have hub centric style? Most tire shops I called today say they won’t put Any type of spacers on due to liability. I mean they sell the small plates at discount tire but if they cause issues I don’t want to throw them on for show and cause issues. I love the OEM 20s and have no desire to change them. I never had any issues with the flat metal spacers over the years ago, but the last time I used a spacer I think was 1993. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated, are the wheel studs long enough to support a flat metal spacer even?

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Who carries the <20mm spacers for these cars? Want to get some for DD-mode so the wheels don't looks so tucked with the +53mm Motegi but 20mm is a bit much for me...

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Who carries the <20mm spacers for these cars? Want to get some for DD-mode so the wheels don't looks so tucked with the +53mm Motegi but 20mm is a bit much for me...
I’d like to have some feedback and links to the products people have had success with on their Type-R in regards to spacers and lugs for the OEM 20’s. Thanks all in advance!

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you think 30 mm would stick too far out?
I don’t think so. The pics I’ve seen 30MM look really sharp. My concern is pushing extra power above stock into a spacer scenario? I mean I don’t track on the regular so I can’t see any harm from using a spacer, I’m sure there is someone here that has had experience, especially since tire shops won’t install them but dealerships will? Any issue with any potential damage by a spacer in general?

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve considered doing those myself. I’m currently at 10mm.
Sorry if you've mentioned, what 10mm spacer do you use and if you need to use anything (hubcentric ring, longer stud, etc) with them?

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry if you've mentioned, what 10mm spacer do you use and if you need to use anything (hubcentric ring, longer stud, etc) with them?
Dont remember the name but the dealership sold and installed them for $30 for all 4. They said they just buy them from the local parts store. They are not hub centric but I know they have the same set on their full caged race car are never had an issue with suspension on the heavy tracking since that’s all the cat is used for. Mines more just fun and daily driving so I’d love the 30MM look for myself.

josh8604

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR BBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don’t think so. The pics I’ve seen 30MM look really sharp. My concern is pushing extra power above stock into a spacer scenario? I mean I don’t track on the regular so I can’t see any harm from using a spacer, I’m sure there is someone here that has had experience, especially since tire shops won’t install them but dealerships will? Any issue with any potential damage by a spacer in general?
I might have to pull the trigger on these next week. For the price and the fact that they are hub centric, that's hard to beat. I'll try to post before and after if I get them!