Official W2 Turbocharger Design Thread (yes it happening) - 27WON W2 Turbo Kit

Fin_72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I'm wondering the same. I was initially super stoked to see this and am still interested in the product development. But I wonder if for a daily driver where I typically don't pass 5k-5500 RPM due to K.con logic whether I'd be better off with a W1.
I’m debating myself. I might just do a W1 with water/meth injection so when I want that extra power I can have it sprayed at a certain psi. I will continue to monitor the W2 progress and make a better decision as more info comes out.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In the most simplest form a smaller A/R will spool faster but run out of steam quicker on the top end. A larger A/R will spool slower but carry more power up top further and flow more.

raulnor516

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
If that's the case and low end torque is lesser, what is the reason you recommend against CVTs? Is it just because this turbo will provide so much power you're worried the belt will slip even in the high end?

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic sport hatchback 6mt
Country flag
In the most simplest form a smaller A/R will spool faster but run out of steam quicker on the top end. A larger A/R will spool slower but carry more power up top further and flow more.
[/QUOT
so I’m a nutshell the w1 vs w2 would be acceleration vs top speed? Or would the w2 be the best of both worlds? Would our 1/4 mile, dig races and 40 rolls suffer with the w2 oppose to the w1? Or would the w2 still have an advantage because the upper rpm range would be that much more impressive??

nrchaytor

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback 6M
Country flag
so I’m a nutshell the w1 vs w2 would be acceleration vs top speed? Or would the w2 be the best of both worlds? Would our 1/4 mile, dig races and 40 rolls suffer with the w2 oppose to the w1? Or would the w2 still have an advantage because the upper rpm range would be that much more impressive??
Really hard to compare until we get them tested in the real world.. w1 might accelerate quicker to lower speeds and cover shorter distances quicker due to its low end grunt, but the w2 should easily surpass it once you start really getting on it.. I suspect the w1 could provide a better 1/4 mile time, but the w2 should have a higher trap speed (i.e. closing the gap).. or w2 could already be ahead by 1/4 mile.. we'll have to wait for some real world testing to find out

Last edited:

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If that's the case and low end torque is lesser, what is the reason you recommend against CVTs? Is it just because this turbo will provide so much power you're worried the belt will slip even in the high end?
Because the way a CVT works is it will always try to put you in the spot where torque is peak, since this will move the torque later in the power curve it will have the car always be in the higher rpm ranges, even when just cruising. SO effectively you may end up with a really small power band style window. I have yet to get a W2 on a CVT so I could be wrong but I am a bit skeptical. I think it will just end making the CVT seem overly lagy and lazy to drive. But will have to see.

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The better question is to ask yourself what you are looking to do with the car and what areas of driving are most important and then we can decide a turbo that best fits the bill from there.

raulnor516

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Because the way a CVT works is it will always try to put you in the spot where torque is peak, since this will move the torque later in the power curve it will have the car always be in the higher rpm ranges, even when just cruising. SO effectively you may end up with a really small power band style window. I have yet to get a W2 on a CVT so I could be wrong but I am a bit skeptical. I think it will just end making the CVT seem overly lagy and lazy to drive. But will have to see.
Was this behavior that has been noticed on W1 CVTs or other big-turbo swaps? At least from what I've seen out of other posts, the CVT behaves the same regardless of mods because the TCU is completely separate from the ECU. @D-RobIMW has tuned a lot of modded CVTs, would you mind chiming in?

I'm not trying to be difficult, I'm just really curious about what it would look like to have the larger turbo on a CVT.

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Was this behavior that has been noticed on W1 CVTs or other big-turbo swaps? At least from what I've seen out of other posts, the CVT behaves the same regardless of mods because the TCU is completely separate from the ECU. @D-RobIMW has tuned a lot of modded CVTs, would you mind chiming in?

I'm not trying to be difficult, I'm just really curious about what it would look like to have the larger turbo on a CVT.
W1 CVT's have proven to work well, we have many out there. The W2 being much bigger will be a different story but time will tell. We sadly don't have a CVT in house to test with.

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

MadManx1

Project X1
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Cvt
Country flag
W1 CVT's have proven to work well, we have many out there. The W2 being much bigger will be a different story but time will tell. We sadly don't have a CVT in house to test with.
All these people willing to let you use there cvt cars as guinea pigs? i have a cvt as well and think this would go well with proper tuning

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How’s it going? Any news in the near future?
just working away at it. right now our focus is on getting everyone's TIP and Intakes out the door and shipped.