nrchaytor

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback 6M
Country flag
Well if you’re going to upgrade your clutch you’ll want a twin disc. However I can attest the stock clutch and LSD are much more durable than most think. Clutches generally fail more from abuse or improper driving habits. The stock clutch is every bit as reliable as the “upgrades” out there. For example the Clutchmasters 400 is only rated at 480WTQ. Stay stock unless you are going beyond the 500 mark.
Not sure if you're talking about the type r clutch? Hatchback and Si clutches are known to be particularly weak from factory
Sponsored

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Type R. Many Si builds upgrade to a modified Type R clutch, fly and LSD.

Sorry I wasn’t a little more clear but they do this because the Type R conversion maintains the stock feel instead of the firm aftermarket clutches.

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Working on part 2 of the design blog, I should have that up by the end of next week for everyone.

cmunoz1795

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic Si
Country flag
Will there be any sort of upgrade option for current w1 owners? Let’s say we send back our w1 could we get a discounted amount off a w2? Or something similar.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Will there be any sort of upgrade option for current w1 owners? Let’s say we send back our w1 could we get a discounted amount off a w2? Or something similar.
Not a current W1 owner but I had the same idea. Current owners get a discount off the W2, and 27WON can resell the W1 as a refurbished unit for less than a new W1 for more budget oriented people. Seems win win.

Edit: obviously the numbers are pretty important here though. E.g. if Vincent determines a rebuilt W1 is worth $1092.71, it may only make sense for them to offer 500 bucks or something on a trade in. I bet a lot of W1 owners would just sell privately in that case. Who knows

Last edited:

cmunoz1795

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic Si
Country flag
Not a current W1 owner but I had the same idea. Current owners get a discount off the W2, and 27WON can resell the W1 as a refurbished unit for less than a new W1 for more budget oriented people. Seems win win.

Edit: obviously the numbers are pretty important here though. E.g. if Vincent determines a rebuilt W1 is worth $1092.71, it may only make sense for them to offer 500 bucks or something on a trade in. I bet a lot of W1 owners would just sell privately in that case. Who knows
thats definitely true. It does give us owners an opportunity though. I mean we could always sell privately but if we don’t want to wait around for it to sell, this would be a great alternative!

RiGalFK7

First Name
Rigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback EX-L 2018
Country flag
thats definitely true. It does give us owners an opportunity though. I mean we could always sell privately but if we don’t want to wait around for it to sell, this would be a great alternative!
I'll be more than happy to take one used. It's a little bit expensive getting stuff here from other countries, so that gives some of us a way to be part of this kind of experiences. Maybe next year pricing of some stuff change with the release of the W2 and get a somehow more accesible to everyone

magshell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback ST
Country flag
I'm excited at the opportunity to shred my CVT with the W2 :D

xile6

First Name
jermaul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si, 05 scion tc turbo , 98 honda civic turbo
Country flag
I always love seeing you guy's CAD work.
Looks great. A part of me just wants to 3d some as mini models :D

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Stretch wish is the availability for it to be ordered with a ball bearing vice journal CHRA in the same housing at a higher price point. Hoping for premium choices at a more premium price-point for the option to do so. Leave W1 as a still-compelling budget option. It looked good for almost but not quite 300 whp... looking forward to you cracking 300 on this thing. That pricer CHRA might negate some of the later spool it’d inevitably have. Our cars stock turbos when run hard give a diesel-like powerband. It’s be nice to see a torque peak where it’s (IMO) supposed to be... where the fun is supposed to happen in the upper 1/2 of the rev range.

Good luck!

Thanks_Enjoi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI Sedan
Country flag
The only way I could see the W1 still selling is if the price went down 3-4 hundred dollars after release. Then I could see the W2 being just shy of $2k. Unless the price is a drastic difference between the two, people may as well just cough up the extra $. If people are willing to spend $1,600 on a turbo, I can’t imagine them not just taking the extra step. Take me for example, I was thinking of upgrading to the W1 this year. But now there is an even better version in the works? That plans to produce the power of W1 with flex and then some, but on pump gas? Damn! I might as well sit back and see how this goes before pulling the trigger. I’ll have to put my patience pants on though. I could see this taking until well into 2021 before release. Maybe in time for the holidays.
calm down and breath

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sweet!! Super excited to see the progress of this. Not in the market for a turbo atm but hoping to be FBO with retrofitted r clutch by the time this comes out. If this can be a good alternative to running flex fuel then I'm all in

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag