Official TONIC YELLOW PEARL Civic Thread

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Nice colour / the Si is great..... but the red H should be respected for the R only
"respected" haha get over it.
Sponsored

captlwr

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Manual
Country flag
One thing I've noticed on here is the You Guys/Gals are nowhere near as responsive as the Crew on my 9th Gen Site - we were all pretty much Family on there and when someone had a question or issue, there was always a response coming ...........Larry

SouthSideBeef

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR86
Country flag
OK now I'm the one asking for some input & advice. My 2018 Hatchback Sport Manual is one year old and has 6300 miles on it. I'm considering looking at my Dealer's 2019 TYP Si Coupe they have on their lot. 99.9% of the time it's just ME in my car so I'm thinking there'd be no disadvantage with the coupe for me. ONLY thing .......... I still hear of Nasty REV-HANG in the new Si's just like what was programmed into the old ones, and, if so, that would be a Deal Breaker for me as my current Sport Manual has next to NONE and I'm all thru dealing with that issue as I jumped thru all the Hoops with my 2012 Si Sedan and not going to loose a good thing in my current 2018 Model.............hit me up with some Owner Experience with the new Si's - just please don't start the "you'll get used to it" mantra

Larry
I have an si coupe and since I rarely drive with more than 1 other person, it's just as practical as I need it to be. Obviously having the extra doors makes things a little easier as a daily but I think the looks of the coupe make it worth the tradeoff. Now as to the rev hang, the first thing I would do is test drive an si and see how it feels. They do have rev hang but it's pretty easy to get rid of with a ktuner.

Severedninja

First Name
Severed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have an si coupe and since I rarely drive with more than 1 other person, it's just as practical as I need it to be. Obviously having the extra doors makes things a little easier as a daily but I think the looks of the coupe make it worth the tradeoff. Now as to the rev hang, the first thing I would do is test drive an si and see how it feels. They do have rev hang but it's pretty easy to get rid of with a ktuner.
I'm pretty sure that the 4 door only adds roughly 12 pounds and I am not even sure if there is a price difference. The only reason I would opt for the coupe is that the taillight and wing look better. I ended up with the type R, not because of performance or track times and such. I got tired of waiting just to hear that 2019's wont have a hatchback si, the terrible rev hang on the SI, and I hear there is an oil dilution issues on current honda 1.5t's. The problem with the rev hang was a k-tuner voided the warranty and the dealership I jokingly asked about the type R offered to take the markup off and included a lifetime powertrain warranty. I couldn't say no. Also that Civic looks like a rolling highlighter and I love it. somehow haven't seen one on the roads yet. I'm a sucker for standout colors. I think they did that SI yellow just right.

captlwr

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks but I am not going to go thru any more issues to cure Factory Rev Hang - if the 2019 HAS it then - it's NO Deal

captlwr

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Went over this morning and test drive the TYP 2019 Si Coupe - salesman took it out with me first and - even then - I could tell there was MAJOR Rev Hang with him shifting at only 3000 RPM - when I drove it I took it up to 4500 RPM's and the Rev Hang was even worse - NO DEAL for me - my 2018 HB Sport Manual may be a few HP short but has absolutlely NO Rev Hang - so I'm keeping what I have. Not knocking the new Si - beautiful car but why Honda would think that long-time Manual Drivers would be satisfied with this is beyond me.

captlwr

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Like I reported earlier, I test drove the TYP Si Coupe Saturday at my Dealership - broke my heart and broke The Deal...........keeping my 2018 HB Sport Manual with a Factory MUGEN Tune that came with the car when I bought it in Jan 2018..........if Honda has to tune this Rev Issue in to the Manual cars, then they should at least "alert" long-time Manual Users about it, even if they had to do it for CAFE Regs. My 2016 Veloster R-Spec 1.6T had NONE. My 2018 HB Sport Manual has NONE.........

Last edited:

fg2kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 1991 Civic DX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Saw one of my local dealers had an Si in stock and of course I had to check it out. It looks surprisingly green at night.

Honda Civic 10th gen Official TONIC YELLOW PEARL Civic Thread IMG_20181227_193432
Honda Civic 10th gen Official TONIC YELLOW PEARL Civic Thread IMG_20181227_193458

captlwr

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's not VTEC YO anymore..........on Exhaust Valves only - it's a Turbo............

captlwr

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Look at the bottom of the newest Pics on the TYP Si...........

captlwr

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
OOOOOKie Dooookie!!! Enjoy the REAL VTEC!!!!!!!!

My compliments!!!

OP
OP
DallasCRX

DallasCRX

First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 Honda GL1100 GoldWing Interstate, 1986 Honda CRX Si, 2009 Honda CRF250X, 2009 Aprilia Shiver, 2010 Nissan Frontier, 2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Saw one of my local dealers had an Si in stock and of course I had to check it out. It looks surprisingly green at night.

IMG_20181227_193432.jpg
IMG_20181227_193458.jpg
I'd love to know who at Honda Sales made the decision to keep the normal headlights on the Si in the States. Love my LEDs!

Last edited:

fg2kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 1991 Civic DX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd love to know who at Honda Sales made the decision to keep the normal headlights on the Si in States. Love my LEDs!
It does look so much better with the LEDs. TheRetrofitSource offers a set of replicas that are pretty darn convincing for $500. Still, enjoy your sexy stock LEDs :love:
Sponsored