Official Sonic Grey Pearl Type R Picture Thread

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
First wash ever after it's arrival yesterday, but still a 2nd layer of filthy from the snowstorm that the delivery truck brought it through still remains- gotta hit it again!

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Sonic Grey Pearl Type R Picture Thread IMG_20200910_080807
Sponsored

bushido69

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Type R, 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT, 2002 Lexus ES300
Country flag
First wash ever after it's arrival yesterday, but still a 2nd layer of filthy from the snowstorm that the delivery truck brought it through still remains- gotta hit it again!

IMG_20200910_080807.jpg
Are u going to remove the dealer emblem above the Civic?

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Are u going to remove the dealer emblem above the Civic?
J/K :rofl:

I'll consider it the "1st" mod I will do to the car. Actually the first mod was removing the paper mats that came with it from the dealership if that counts at all.

So how do I get on the official new cars list that you mentioned earlier in the other thread? ?

bushido69

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Type R, 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT, 2002 Lexus ES300
Country flag
J/K :rofl:

I'll consider it the "1st" mod I will do to the car. Actually the first mod was removing the paper mats that came with it from the dealership if that counts at all.

So how do I get on the official new cars list that you mentioned earlier in the other thread? ?
be very careful. There was a post how the dealer installed emblem used some crazy adhesive and chipped/peeled the paint when it was removed. Fyi

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
be very careful. There was a post how the dealer installed emblem used some crazy adhesive and chipped/peeled the paint when it was removed. Fyi
Yes, thanks! I will make sure that it can be removed with utmost of care. I'm pretty meticulous and anal about stuff like this. I wonder if I can go back to dealership and complain to them that their "advertising" label caused damage to my vehicle, if it will ever come to that. I think the license plate advertising should have been good enough and those stickers are primarily overkill in my opinion.

I went out for a Happy Lemon Boba Tea tonight with my son and he was so stoked about the car. He had so many curious questions to ask about the manual transmission. He wanted to go to McDonald's but I resisted and told him more practice is needed before trying to navigate through a drive-thru to avoid any scratches in tight places. ?

bushido69

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes, thanks! I will make sure that it can be removed with utmost of care. I'm pretty meticulous and anal about stuff like this. I wonder if I can go back to dealership and complain to them that their "advertising" label caused damage to my vehicle, if it will ever come to that. I think the license plate advertising should have been good enough and those stickers are primarily overkill in my opinion.

I went out for a Happy Lemon Boba Tea tonight with my son and he was so stoked about the car. He had so many curious questions to ask about the manual transmission. He wanted to go to McDonald's but I resisted and told him more practice is needed before trying to navigate through a drive-thru to avoid any scratches in tight places. ?
just been driving my R to and from work. Garage at home and designated covered parking at work helps. Costco runs are left for the Tacoma.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
just been driving my R to and from work. Garage at home and designated covered parking at work helps. Costco runs are left for the Tacoma.
I feel a Costco run test coming up for the R really soon- I want to see how much that highly touted cargo space area is when put to the test. I ordered a cargo liner with the Type R logo for a pretty good price and can't wait to use it soon. I anticipate it may smell because mostly anything black rubber needs to outgas.

bushido69

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I feel a Costco run test coming up for the R really soon- I want to see how much that highly touted cargo space area is when put to the test. I ordered a cargo liner with the Type R logo for a pretty good price and can't wait to use it soon. I anticipate it may smell because mostly anything black rubber needs to outgas.
Dealer threw in the liner when I took delivery. Didn’t notice any strong odor from day 1. Should be fine.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag

IMG_20200910_080807.jpg
Nice!

I had my car shipped directly to my ppf shop with the side benefit being that they took delivery (including a better inspection than I would have completed) and cleaned up the car.

speedvagen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sgp fk8 #r-26236
Country flag
Lol...mine completes the family costco run 1-3x a mo (what can I say, kiddos go through a lot of applesauce)....costco is the least of your parking lot worries, they’ve got giant parking spots designed for ford f-250’s. What I enjoy is there are folks in this forum who want to baby theirs, and there’s those who just enjoy driving it and don’t sweat the small stuff.

mine gets to costco so much that the mechanic there (who has a focus rs) is constantly bugging me about not having awd, asking me to race him and such....I just laugh as I dump tp, goldfish crackers and applesauce in the back, then decisively chirp the tires on my way out....

‘vagen

Zpeedster M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Ford Focus RS is like using a hammer while Type R is a scalpel on a course. Their awd is also more of an after thought than anything.

Lol...mine completes the family costco run 1-3x a mo (what can I say, kiddos go through a lot of applesauce)....costco is the least of your parking lot worries, they’ve got giant parking spots designed for ford f-250’s. What I enjoy is there are folks in this forum who want to baby theirs, and there’s those who just enjoy driving it and don’t sweat the small stuff.

mine gets to costco so much that the mechanic there (who has a focus rs) is constantly bugging me about not having awd, asking me to race him and such....I just laugh as I dump tp, goldfish crackers and applesauce in the back, then decisively chirp the tires on my way out....

‘vagen

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
FBO Flex/Upgraded Turbo

Type R parking lot.jpg
I had the strangest dream that I wore out my OEM tires and was contemplating what tire/wheel combo I wanted to go with. This looks like a great candidate to consider. Nice!