Official Sonic Grey Pearl Type R Picture Thread

speedvagen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sgp fk8 #r-26236
Country flag
Sooo excited!! Just took the plunge and signed paperwork on a 19 SGP! Now the long wait until my business trip is over and I can pick it up...on the 17th!

ā€˜vagen
At the dealer signing paperwork as I type! Took it for a quick drive and wow, itā€™s awesome. A quick shot:

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Sonic Grey Pearl Type R Picture Thread 9FC975C7-3549-4A0E-888A-1A9A649CCD2A

speedvagen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sgp fk8 #r-26236
Country flag
Congrats and enjoy!
Thanks!

Finally made it home last night, 600 mile drive home! To be fair, drove an extra 100 via scenic highways in central NY.

Iā€™d post more pics, but it attracted a LOT of bugs. I have time Monday to wash it down and get some Sonax on it....

Engine definitely opened up a bit more at around 400 miles, short interstate pulls up to 4K got noticeably quicker. Figured since most of the break in miles were interstate (varying rpms, no cruise), Iā€™ll give it another few hundred miles where I keep it under 5k or so...but I can already tell itā€™ll be easy to get into trouble!

Sold my second S2000 in 2010 to make room for a vehicle that could fit 5, regret it to this day. I can already tell this one will be special too...

More pics after I get it cleaned up!

speedvagen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sgp fk8 #r-26236
Country flag
Thanks!

Finally made it home last night, 600 mile drive home! To be fair, drove an extra 100 via scenic highways in central NY.

Iā€™d post more pics, but it attracted a LOT of bugs. I have time Monday to wash it down and get some Sonax on it....

Engine definitely opened up a bit more at around 400 miles, short interstate pulls up to 4K got noticeably quicker. Figured since most of the break in miles were interstate (varying rpms, no cruise), Iā€™ll give it another few hundred miles where I keep it under 5k or so...but I can already tell itā€™ll be easy to get into trouble!

Sold my second S2000 in 2010 to make room for a vehicle that could fit 5, regret it to this day. I can already tell this one will be special too...

More pics after I get it cleaned up!

Just a quick post to show it all cleaned up and with a fresh coat of pns and bsd on it!

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Sonic Grey Pearl Type R Picture Thread 32894E08-BE1E-477B-BB7E-735D0863B956

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Sonic Grey Pearl Type R Picture Thread 7D6A16A9-F28D-488D-A95B-B649B7C04E08

stoots_sgp_fk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Gray Type R, 2019 Honda Ridgeline
Country flag
Looks great. Iā€™m putting money down on one today.

Thoughts on the R vs. STI?
The STI was a good car but the turbo lag bother me to a degree. I always had to drive around hard to get the most out of the engine. Itā€™s a hard car to just cruise around town and commute as a daily especially with kids. With the R is such a great all around car. Fast when I want it to be and chill when Iā€™m cruising and commuting. The mpg is also heads and shoulders above the STI. Iā€™m getting about 10mpg better almost. STI gets about 17-18 combine on a good day. Then R rides so much better and a lot more comfortable, even in R mode. The STI always left me wanting more but I didnā€™t want to put money into it. The R is almost perfect from the factory. The STI feels raw though, very mechanical and old school and I do miss that about it. The steering rack is also better since itā€™s hydraulic but I forget about the STI every time I get in the R and Iā€™ve only have it for 4 days.