Official Sonic Grey Pearl Type R Picture Thread

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
Just picked it up a couple days ago.

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Sonic Grey Pearl Type R Picture Thread 20210516_133318

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Sonic Grey Pearl Type R Picture Thread 20210516_133318
Anderson Honda in Palo Alto. How much did they charge over MSRP? I'm curious to know. Last when I spoke with them they wanted 3K over invoice. That was back in Feb 2020.

I guess I'll be seeing you around the Bay. I haven't ran into another SGP but it's nice to see other SGP's on the road. Congratulations on your purchase!

TypeB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SGP Type R
Country flag
Anderson Honda in Palo Alto. How much did they charge over MSRP? I'm curious to know. Last when I spoke with them they wanted 3K over invoice. That was back in Feb 2020.

I guess I'll be seeing you around the Bay. I haven't ran into another SGP but it's nice to see other SGP's on the road. Congratulations on your purchase!
Damn they were asking 4K this time around. Been shopping for MSRP for a while and this was the best deal I could find, especially for SGP. SGP seems to be rarer nowadays. Every dealership seems to be getting Boost Blue in, but SGP was my first choice. They had 3 Type Rs come in all accounted for with 2 people on the waitlist for all of them. See you around!

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
Damn they were asking 4K this time around. Been shopping for MSRP for a while and this was the best deal I could find, especially for SGP. SGP seems to be rarer nowadays. Every dealership seems to be getting Boost Blue in, but SGP was my first choice. They had 3 Type Rs come in all accounted for with 2 people on the waitlist for all of them. See you around!
I service all my Honda's with them and have been for almost 15 years. They've done a great job with oil changes and other repairs and the service advisors there are all nice. I can't comment on a Type R oil change since my car only has 1000 miles on it and it's only driven around as a weekend car. Make sure you use their coupon when you do go in to save some $$$. :)

I didn't want to budge with their 3K over MSRP. At the time they had a black and red one. I opted to go out of state and found one $500 over MSRP. Even though you do a little work with the paperwork, smog, registration, shipping, it all worked out in the end. I was satisfied!

If you want your car tinted and also ceramic-coated, I can suggest the following places:

http://www.mistertint.com/
http://www.dynamicdetailingsj.com/

For tires and wheels, I went with America's Tires and of course go with Thompson at System Motorsports for wheels:

https://www.americastire.com/store-locator
https://www.systemmotorsports.com/

Happy Modding!!

Last edited:

TypeB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SGP Type R
Country flag
I service all my Honda's with them and have been for almost 15 years. They've done a great job with oil changes and other repairs and the service advisors there are all nice. I can't comment on a Type R oil change since my car only has 1000 miles on it and it's only driven around as a weekend car. Make sure you use their coupon when you do go in to save some $$$. :)
thanks for the tips! 1000 miles is pretty low for a 2020, I already put 200 miles in the last 2 days haha

Dream3r

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type-R Sonic Pearl Grey R-43285
Country flag
I could use some opinions. I didn't take this pic at the best angle, but I debadged it! Wondering if I should put the Type-R Badge back on. I also have EK3 Type-R badge I kinda want to put on but it's got chrome on it so probably paint it black if I do.

I personally love the clean no badges look but some opinions would be nice.

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Sonic Grey Pearl Type R Picture Thread type r

Last edited:

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
I could use some opinions. I didn't take this pic at the best angle, but I debadged it! Wondering if I should put the Type-R Badge back on. I also have EK3 Type-R badge I kinda want to put on but it's got chrome on it so probably paint it black if I do.

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Sonic Grey Pearl Type R Picture Thread {filename}
I really like the Type R badge on there personally. I can see removing the Civic, but I think it looks sharp with the Type R left on there with the additional splash of red tying things together. Roll whatever you want but all will have an opinion! lol

Tomek

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R | 1994 Honda Civic EX K20a
Country flag

All good with whatever makes you happy but personally prefer badged as-is from the factory with pretty much any car.

One of many takeaways based on my experience over the years, especially if you hold onto a car for a while, is it becomes less and less common as the years tick by to see a car that is frequently modified with original badging in tact.

At the end of the day, it comes down to what you like best, but as an example, I looove my 90's AF original "Civic Ex" decal on the trunk of my EJ1. The font / design used just looks right on the back of that car. Would imagine in due time, it may be similar with the FK8 or other 10th gen Civics.

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Sonic Grey Pearl Type R Picture Thread Honda

Dream3r

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type-R Sonic Pearl Grey R-43285
Country flag
Yeah, just wondering what some people's thoughts were. I do just like the Type-R badge. I'll probably put it back on after I compound and polish it so I don't have to work around it o_O

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag

I typically de badge but only removed the civic badge on the CTR. The 'chrome' civic looked cheap and out of place. I kept the Type R badge as the car's styling is so busy anyway, removing the badge would not 'clean up' the rear...