Official Sonic Grey Pearl Type R Picture Thread

speedvagen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sgp fk8 #r-26236
Country flag
Get visors- they'll look nice....

...Makes for a great weekend project and keeps the rain out if you decide to crap open some windows to let some certain gasses and heat out

1610162246648.png
i have to say i’ve never understood the need/want for visors.....just seems like we spend so much time picking out sleek items to lighten our cars then tack on these flimsy looking things....

maybe my reaction is because most guys around me have them so they can still vape in theirs cars with the windows cracked when it’s raining out, like MrTruckers alludes to.

legit asking, do folks do it for other reasons?
‘vagen

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
i have to say i’ve never understood the need/want for visors.....just seems like we spend so much time picking out sleek items to lighten our cars then tack on these flimsy looking things....

maybe my reaction is because most guys around me have them so they can still vape in theirs cars with the windows cracked when it’s raining out, like MrTruckers alludes to.

‘vagen
Before I had visors on any of my cars, I would have to constantly wipe down the window control panels because they would always get wet whenever it rains. Also I needed to crack the window down a bit because they would occasionally fog up. Besides that they do add a nice look to the car.
This set I bought from Bayson R are a home run! The price point is half the cost of those crappy Weathertechs but x5 better in quality and ease of installation. The crappy Weathertechs that I had on my minivan came off after only less than 1 year of use and they rely on tension and a small strip of 3m tape to hold it down. Poor and cheap design to minimize the need for adding simple brackets and screws.

Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag

‘vagen

it quadruples your downforce

vandorenfk8

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Here’s my SGP! Amazing how a tint job and sidemarker lights make the Type R look more aggressive!

Just relocated front plate ($15) if others care to see... I can post pictures.

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Sonic Grey Pearl Type R Picture Thread 31C4E129-89FC-4464-BB81-2E208B8922B8

Last edited:

Tomek

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R | 1994 Honda Civic EX K20a
Country flag

‘vagen
I've never personally run them on any of my previous cars but everyone I know who have had them, swears by them.

Been waiting to install my Mugen visors with a bit of hesitation since I tend to be a bit of a minimalist with my cars, and the thought of any potential damage if / when they ever need to be removed kind of bugs me.

That said, aside for the reasons mentioned and just trying something new (to me) for a change, another one I am hoping they address to a degree is wind noise / buffeting with the window cracked. Especially on the highway.

Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I've never personally run them on any of my previous cars but everyone I know who have had them, swears by them.

Been waiting to install my Mugen visors with a bit of hesitation since I tend to be a bit of a minimalist with my cars, and the thought of any potential damage if / when they ever need to be removed kind of bugs me.

That said, aside for the reasons mentioned and just trying something new (to me) for a change, another one I am hoping they address to a degree is wind noise / buffeting with the window cracked. Especially on the highway.
This is their biggest appeal to me but I do think the car looks better with them on as well. They block pretty much any air from coming into your car if you crack the windows but leave them above the bottom of the visor. My girlfriend is not a fan of my exhaust at cruising speeds so if I crack the windows, the slight wind noise cancels out the exhaust note.

Tomek

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R | 1994 Honda Civic EX K20a
Country flag
This is their biggest appeal to me but I do think the car looks better with them on as well. They block pretty much any air from coming into your car if you crack the windows but leave them above the bottom of the visor. My girlfriend is not a fan of my exhaust at cruising speeds so if I crack the windows, the slight wind noise cancels out the exhaust note.
That is helpful to know.

Visors are driven similar GF accommodations here, haha. She's crazy and doesn't like the smell of a squash scent air freshener so she likes to always have the window cracked. :dunno:

fk-eight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR R-35355/ 2021 SGP Accord Touring
Country flag
I need to pull the R out of the garage, today. I hope it starts. I haven’t done anything, except walk by it, in about 10 days. I’ve been spending the past few days gawking over it’s twin.
Honda Civic 10th gen Official Sonic Grey Pearl Type R Picture Thread F9EE97C6-E5DE-4246-8753-73F768C7C5F1
Honda Civic 10th gen Official Sonic Grey Pearl Type R Picture Thread CD56FF97-4D09-4765-A8FB-2993542F7678

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Sonic Grey Pearl Type R Picture Thread BB948FF1-C2C6-44BD-863E-D5F96B87EB21

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
I think those are formula silver but I appreciate the help
I don't think they would look good on there, personally :) Snag some NSX wheels and paint them black imo - that's a great route to go and looks awesome.
Sponsored