Official Sonic Grey Pearl Type R Picture Thread

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
Here's a few fairly recent ones of mine. Going to miss driving this thing over the winter!

IMG_7097.JPG
IMG_7098.JPG
IMG_7105.JPG
Nice wheels! Pretty disappointing for me as I placed an order for some Advan TC-4 Racing Gunmetal wheels only to find out early this morning that the ETA ship date won't be until May-Jun. Wasn't willing to wait that long so I cancelled the order.

Seems like everyone went on a tear and gobbled up all the aftermarket wheel inventory after chasing all the Type Rs that were out there in the market.

Tomek

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R | 1994 Honda Civic EX K20a
Country flag
Nice wheels! Pretty disappointing for me as I placed an order for some Advan TC-4 Racing Gunmetal wheels only to find out early this morning that the ETA ship date won't be until May-Jun. Wasn't willing to wait that long so I cancelled the order.

Seems like everyone went on a tear and gobbled up all the aftermarket wheel inventory after chasing all the Type Rs that were out there in the market.
Thanks! Definitely a bummer to hear that sort of news. Not that this makes it any easier to digest but it makes sense just given the culmination of factors involved. (e.g. limited supply and options for these cars, f*d up supply / distribution chain due to COVID, people wanting to immediately ditch their 20's on their newly acquired FK8's, etc.). I had similar concerns when I decided I was done with the stock wheels.

Hopefully the right set for you will come along soon. Just need to keep your eyes / ears open for what is out there.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks! Definitely a bummer to hear that sort of news. Not that this makes it any easier to digest but it makes sense just given the culmination of factors involved. (e.g. limited supply and options for these cars, f*d up supply / distribution chain due to COVID, people wanting to immediately ditch their 20's on their newly acquired FK8's, etc.). I had similar concerns when I decided I was done with the stock wheels.

Hopefully the right set for you will come along soon. Just need to keep your eyes / ears open for what is out there.
Thanks a lot friend! Part of my motivation to ditch these wheels was to try and take advantage of the 15% sale that Evasive Motorsports and System Motorsports was running (last day was yesterday sadly) as well as not having to worry about where to take the Type R knowing that the 18in. wheels and thicker sidewalls would give me some added assurance had I did hit something on the road and still be able to make it home, especially going out of town on some excursions.

It's beginning to look like a Spring-Summer mod major mod timeframe, so I'll need to redirect my time modding other things maybe in the interior of the car. ;)

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Trying to get an idea on which would look best on the SGP. Just can't picture them on the SGP. Both are glossy wheels and I think everyone right now are leaning towards semi-gloss or matte finish. Other option is to wait until spring for better color options.

Option #1

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Sonic Grey Pearl Type R Picture Thread Screenshot_20201122-111722

Option #2

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Sonic Grey Pearl Type R Picture Thread Screenshot_20201122-112139

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Gloss Black 57DR. Not the greatest pics but you get the idea.

0941C5C2-9CAB-4788-828D-F110A2C20610.jpeg

009E9707-CD83-4489-B861-758769DEBD4B.jpeg

97141DF0-816B-45F1-A350-755299F12C94.jpeg
Are your wheels the same model as the one first photo I posted (RBC which probably stands for Racing Black Chrome) or are yours a pure dark black?

The photos can be quite deceiving on the vendors website and having them installed on the actual car with a photo taken under natural sunlight really does major justice. Thanks for sharing!

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
Are your wheels the same model as the one first photo I posted (RBC which probably stands for Racing Black Chrome) or are yours a pure dark black?

The photos can be quite deceiving on the vendors website and having them installed on the actual car with a photo taken under natural sunlight really does major justice. Thanks for sharing!
Mine are Gram Lights 57DR in Glossy Black and are a 'dark' black. The finish is similar to the stock wheels.

BackslashBrian

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R (SGP)
Country flag
Mine are Gram Lights 57DR in Glossy Black and are a 'dark' black. The finish is similar to the stock wheels.
I might just go with what you have. I've been debating whether to get slimmer spoked wheels or bigger spoked ones, yours look awesome! Its a toss up between these or the Enkei TSV

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Official Sonic Grey Pearl Type R Picture Thread QAKfiSI

Never get tired of the over the top approach to the styling on the car. Angry smurf is the nickname I've given my car lol