geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
Well thats the stupidest comment I've read in a while.

DRob has tuned me on both KTuner and Hondata, and I can assure you his tunes are consistant and he puts in just as much work on either platform. Does he prefer KTuner? Yes. Does he have his reasons to do so? Yes. Does he hate Hondata? No.

https://www.imwtuned.com/blog/what-to-choose
It is true, Drob has said straight up on his ig that the 1.5T makes less power on hondata - something about fuel pressure targets which he goes over in the link you shared - but hondata made some big tuning updates this year so I don't know if this is true anymore.

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For the price your getting a turbo that’s comparable to the prl kit without the $3k cost.
I am itching too but thing is that no-one knows about reliability/longevity yet. I would guess that its not available widely for sale because of production restrictions, pandemic going on and all but even if it was immediately available, I would not jump on it unless there is some proper feedback on possible issues like turbine housing cracking, turbine or compressor wheel issues etc.

awsomsauce

First Name
Theodore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Gen si and 2 6 gen sedans
Country flag
I am itching too but thing is that no-one knows about reliability/longevity yet. I would guess that its not available widely for sale because of production restrictions, pandemic going on and all but even if it was immediately available, I would not jump on it unless there is some proper feedback on possible issues like turbine housing cracking, turbine or compressor wheel issues etc.
If it helps any at this time I have over 6k miles on mine and have had only the one issue we caught at the very beginning. I think most of us that have had our cars dyno all came up around the 320ish mark... (guessing) which I’d say is still good. I know someone that has a prl kit and he hit 348 and I think Ryan (phong vlog) is somewhere in the 350’s with the same prl kit. So it’s not too far off but for the savings it’s still good. At the end of this summer I’ll probably buy the W2 turbo and see how it performs. By that time I should have over 10k miles of abuse on the rv6 turbo and give an update. I recommend this turbo over the mhi td03 still. I had over 600 miles on that turbo and at 25 psi it had nothing on the rv6 turbo.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Key point missed by this guy. Read it again and you’ll see it CLEARLY SAYS RUMORS!
That may be YOUR key point, but mine is that you probably shouldn't talk about a tuner that you clearly know nothing about and obviously haven't used his services.

Just because you "heard" something is no reason to go spreading it around for others to read and accept as truths. Misinformation is irresponsible and detrimental to that mans business/livelihood.

I see you emphasized the rumors part. So you like spreading unfounded rumors like a 12 year old girl in middle school? Got it, makes more sense now.

awsomsauce

First Name
Theodore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Gen si and 2 6 gen sedans
Country flag
That may be YOUR key point, but mine is that you probably shouldn't talk about a tuner that you clearly know nothing about and obviously haven't used his services.

Just because you "heard" something is no reason to go spreading it around for others to read and accept as truths. Misinformation is irresponsible and detrimental to that mans business/livelihood.

I see you emphasized the rumors part. So you like spreading unfounded rumors like a 12 year old girl in middle school? Got it, makes more sense now.
Nothing posted is gospel. If you take it as such that’s not my fault. But someone else has heard the same thing. So it’s a clarification as to what has been said and who else has heard the same thing. There’s always some truth in a rumor no matter how big or small.
Also I have talked to Derrick before. As well as butler, Darden, Armen and Theo of hi-rev. I know many people guy. We’ll leave it at that. Everyone has something to say about something. It’s best to stay informed on what’s being said.

Last edited:

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Let's get back to topic haha

@RV6 any updates on pre order list and such? A friend of mine is looking to upgrade.

2020MSMcivicSI

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Let's get back to topic haha

@RV6 any updates on pre order list and such? A friend of mine is looking to upgrade.
I PMed RV6 about the pre-order and have heard nothing... and that was on 3/26.

I will continue to wait patiently.

DHM85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si
Country flag

Honda Civic 10th gen Official RV6 R365 turbo thread triggered

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
There probably suffering from the same parts shortage like everyone rn.
The only thing harder to get then car parts rn is a GPU

DHM85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si
Country flag

DHM85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si
Country flag
Sorry ya'll, I know I'm instigating. I'll stop.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
You right. Not sure why I'm wasting my time in a 1.5L turbo thread anyways.
Cuase there's time to waste. At least that's me. I run a gtx2860r. But I like to follow the new stuff. It's good to have a broader understanding of the platform.

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
You know that’s it’s on the website already guys. Didn’t want to tell you guys because of the fact that I want one to and won’t be able to get it until I pay rent ??‍♂
Sponsored